Chapter 12

Saturday

James is waiting for me at the door and he instantly smirks when he sees me, he has a very pleased look on his face. It almost feels like I fell into his trap.

"I was sure you would come," he remarks.

"Shut up, man," Dom snaps at him, sometimes I'm glad Dominic can see right through his bullshit.

Do they always put trap music here?

Since that fight my mom has been distant from me, is this how she shows me I'm gonna lose the connection we had?

It's not working, I told my dad I'm going to Nicole's cousin, which he thinks is a girl.

I've never been to James' home before, it's a really big villa with at least ten bedrooms and a swimming pool. I knew he was rich, but not this wealthy.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I prefer Shanice's party. I just want someone to help me roll my joints and go home.

"Dominic!" I yell at him, trying to grab his attention in this loud-ass room.

"Can we go somewhere quiet?" I ask him. Why does it sound like I'm offering him sex?

"Sure!" he exclaims.

We walk into a random room, just hoping there is no one inside. The music is still so fucking loud.

"Can you help me roll these joints?" I ask him, and I swear I could see a tiny bit of disappointment on his face.

"Oh, I thought you wanted to hook up," he says jokingly and I can't lie, his forwardness makes me chuckle.

"No. Maybe next time," I continue the joke and he shrugs, taking the weed out of the plastic bag.

He goes to grab the filter and the rolling paper, then he begins to fill it with the fine-ground cannabis and he rolls it. He licks the top edge and seals it. It's almost perfectly done.

Although Derek looked better doing it.

He makes another one for him and I light up mine, we both take a hit.

"Oh, God, I missed this feeling," I say and lay back on the bed.

"Don't get too addicted." He giggles.

"I won't."

Dominic seems like a nice guy, I forget about everything when I'm with him because he doesn't try to constantly remind me I'm broken as everyone else does.

Or it's because I drink or smoke every time we hang out. I laugh at my thought.

Dominic's phone rings and he takes the call.

"You coming? Yeah?" he asks the person on the phone and stands up, a bit unsteady.

"I'm sorry, Ronnie, I gotta go help Derek," he excuses himself.

Derek? Wasn't he away? Whatever.

The moment he leaves, I take a second puff and just chill on the bed for what feels like thirty minutes. It all seems so calming.