Chapter 21

My eyes reopen and I look around. All I see is an empty white room. It feels strange.

Where am I?

The white walls fade and now I'm in Derek's bedroom.

He is making out with Shanice and she is enjoying it.

I wave at them, I try to yell their names. But they can't hear me.

I feel the anger boil in my veins but I cannot do anything to stop them, it's as if I'm not there.

They keep undressing and I close my eyes again, waking up in another place.

What is happening?

I turn around and I see a couple.

"Veronica! My poor Veronica," a woman says and hugs me, she smells of cigarettes and alcohol.

"Who are you?" I ask as I pull her away from me.

"I'm your real mother," she replies and I open my mouth in shock.

My biological mom? Tears come rolling down my cheeks, I look at her and it feels unreal. But slowly her face fades, and I can't see anything, it looks blurred out.

I try to yell for help, but it's like it's someone else voice.

I suddenly hear a blood-curling scream but it's not mine.

"Please, help me. Where am I?!" My throat hurts. "What's happening?!"

My vision starts shaking, it's getting blurrier and the woman in front of me disappears, I try to hold her hand but it feels almost pixelated, she is slowly slipping away.

"Mom? Please, don't leave me." I let out a whimper.

My eyes get sleepier and sleepier, I try to open them but it feels as if they are shut closed, almost taped.

After countless tries, I finally open them.

I'm at Kaylee's Cafeteria. And in front of me... it's my rapist.

I want to run away, but it feels as if my feet are glued to the ground. I want to scream but my mouth doesn't open, not even a tiny bit.

I close my eyes, but I can still see him. What is happening?

My head feels like it's tearing apart.

I open my eyes again, his face gets replaced by... Derek?

But with my rapist's body.

He stares at me, without moving, even breathing as it seems. I try to rub my eyes with my fingers so harshly that I begin to see weird patches of colors.

Now his face gets switched back to that creepy man.

Every time I blink his face gets blurred out, now it is getting replaced by-