Chapter 48

The tent zipper opens and I cover my eyes with my hands when the sun hits my face, I can't see anything but a figure.

Alexander has an arm around me and I'm cuddled up next to him. I quickly push him away as soon as I notice.

I remember I asked him to share the same tent because I was scared to sleep alone, then we had another couple of drinks but I'm pretty sure nothing happened.

We probably cuddled because it was cold.

We both sit up and the figure moves a bit, getting in front of the sun.

Dominic is staring at us.

"Oh. Hey," I mutter and he seems disappointed.

I get out of the tent and Derek is standing right behind him.

My knees go instantly weak and I'm involuntarily holding my breath at his sight.

Derek is shirtless and he has only a pair of short pants on. He recently shaved his facial hair and his face looks so smooth. I don't know how he always looks so much younger without the stub.

Alexander comes out of the tent right after me and I notice he is also shirtless which I'm gonna kill him for. This is horrible.

It looks like we slept together.

I finally look at Derek's face and he is staring at Alex, visibly hurt and annoyed. He quickly looks away as soon as he sees me.

Fuck.

Even Dominic is staring at us disappointed.

"What? We only slept." Alexander defends himself as he notices their looks of disapproval.

No one says anything and I look at my feet. I didn't even bother to take off my shoes. I was pretty drunk, but it's nothing new.

Derek walks away and I'm confused, why is he even here? Didn't Dominic say he was busy?

His presence is so comforting, but he also makes me nervous.

"He arrived now. He didn't want to come at first but then he changed his mind." Dominic explains and I nod, still confused.

Alexander walks to the fire pit which is now put off and Dominic pulls me aside.

"What are you doing with Alexander?" He asks with a judgmental tone. I frown and he lets go of my arm.

"I'm not doing anything. You left me alone, I don't like sleeping alone in the woods."

"Well, at least I had an amazing night." He winks and I playfully shove him and he smiles.

"I just remembered I need to tell you something about Derek, but right now I'm hungry," he says and I'm left confused. What?

I hate people who say this and then leave me wondering and worrying for hours.

He leaves before I can tell him to say it now.

I go back into the tent and I lay down, annoyed. This trip is turning out to be more boring than I expected.

The look on Derek's face. He seemed so disappointed. I want to talk to him more than anything but I know I shouldn't. I will just make everything worse.

I look in my backpack and I grab some cookies. I don't even care to eat something healthier or more filling.

I grab Alexander's backpack and I open the smallest pocket, in which I find a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

At least this will lighten up my mood.

I take three cigarettes out and I grab his jacket because I don't know where I left mine.