Chapter 15

Veronica's POV

"Can you come to my cafeteria for a bit?" Kaylee asks over the phone.

Should I go? I haven't been to her Cafeteria in a long time and I feel embarrassed by the way I left.

I'll go after school, what do I have to lose?

I haven't seen Louis since the last party, he didn't come to school the whole week. I didn't bother to contact him because I just assumed he didn't want to talk to me.

Nicole looks quite happy, I don't know why, but this makes me happy too. I'd hate myself if she found out what I almost did. Louis surely hasn't told her.

That party was wild from the start. I've been hiding from James since I find out he tried to take advantage of me. And he doesn't seem to push it since Derek hit him.

Oh, Derek... I admit I think of him sometimes, I'm so appreciative of what he did for me when no one else bothered.

I slept better the last few days, it's not that I don't think about that morning, I do, but I try to ignore it and keep my mind busy.

I've been meaning to smoke weed or do coke again, it's a bittersweet feeling, but I try not to do it. Perhaps I don't have anyone who wants to give it for free.

I only hang out with Dominic, he even got me a fake ID to buy drinks, which I doubt I'm going to use anyway.

I miss Louis so much and it hurts to think he finds me disgusting, but he and Nicole stopped reaching out to me, and it's also a good thing.

~

I took a cab to Kaylee's Cafeteria. I think often about how I used to come here with my friends. I miss it so fucking much.

I enter and realize how much I craved the smell of coffee, music, ambiance, most of the customers.

"Hi, Veronica!" Kaylee greets me with a big smile glued to her face. She seems genuinely happy to see me.

"Hello," I mutter and I look down at my feet. It's still so embarrassing.

Her hair isn't as long as it was before, but still impressive.

"I was so sad when I heard you were having personal problems, but I would hire you back if you weren't so busy with school!" she says enthusiastically and I just nod knowing that I'd never come back to work here.

"In the meantime, we hired a new girl, but she left," Kaylee says disappointed.

Could it be that girl who asked me why I left this job? Weird.

"Wait, let me go grab something for you!" she announces as walks to the backroom.

I'm waiting at the bar counter and someone comes near me.

Why don't people give personal space around here? There is plenty of space.

I move slightly to the left, leaving more space for that person.

I feel a hand grabbing me by my waist.

"What-" I step back and I see... I see that man, the one who grabbed my thigh months ago.

"Did you miss me?" He asks creepily, but at the same time it doesn't even sound like a question, it's more of an affirmation for him.