Chapter 42

"Why were you acting so weird?" I ask Derek and he shifts uncomfortably.

"Just... some family problems, also the fact that you ignored me for two weeks." His tone is slightly accusatory.

"I- I don't want you to get hurt," I admit and he smiles.

"Don't worry about me. I know how to take care of myself... and I know you are worth it," he says and my heart instantly warms up.

If I wasn't laying down, I would have fainted right now.

The only person who thinks I'm worthy of love.

I sit up and he looks at me carefully.

"I... I like you too," I finally admit, it's probably the courage tequila and cocaine gave me but I don't care.

He smiles and I pull him in for a hug before he can even reply. I'm feeling bold which I will probably regret.

He doesn't shy away from me as he wraps his strong arms around my waist and pulls me as close as he can.

His touch feels like home, it's like I'm going back to the old good times.

I could hug him for days and never get tired.

I break the embrace abruptly and he looks at me confused. It seems like he wants to say something but he doesn't.

I stand up and I walk towards the door, I turn around to look at him and he seems filled with concern.

"A- are you leaving?" His voice is breaking and his concern is making my knees weak.

"Not really," I whisper and smile as I lock the door and he raises his eyebrows, unsure of what I'm about to do.

Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing but I just know I want to be with him, all the cocaine and the tequila in my bloodstream makes me think unclearly and for once, I don't care about the consequences.

I walk back to him and he is sitting on the corner of the bed.

I don't even give Derek the chance to think about what I'm about to do and I don't want to change my mind so I just pull him in for a kiss.

He immediately wraps his arms around me and he pulls me on top of him while caressing my back, his hands going towards my waist.

His touch is intoxicating and I want more and more of him.

He doesn't wait much to explore my mouth, and I don't shy away from it.

I push him and he falls on the bed while I'm still on top of him. He seems surprised for a second but he keeps kissing me, without even taking any break.

It's nothing like the first time. It's full of ardor and arousal. I crave his hands exploring every inch of my body.

I almost run of breath because of how frantic and passionate it is.

Before I even realize Derek took back the control, he has already hovered over me and he pins my hands to the bed while he breaks the kiss to lock eyes with me.

"It's my turn now," he whispers in a deep tone and I get tingles in places I won't nominate.

His blue eyes are full of pent-up desire and quickly after I feel his warm breath on my chin as he leaves small pecks, going lower and lower down my neck.

Then he finally starts sucking on my skin so close to my cleavage and I let out a tiny moan and he looks up at me, pleased.

I take a deep breath in, a wave of his cologne flooding my nostrils and I always mentally thank him for picking the best perfume ever.