Chapter 62

I wobble walking to the bathroom and I almost trip over something.

Why am I feeling like this...

I didn't consume any alcohol or drugs.

I smash the door behind me as soon as I enter the bathroom. I go to the sink and rinse my face with cold water.

It helps for a bit but I am still feeling nervous and strange.

I trip again over the carpet and I hit my elbow on the corner of the sink.

"A- ah," I groan in pain and I slowly stand up as my vision gets even more blurry.

The door opens when I'm about to put my hand on the handle.

"Derek?" I ask unsure as I can barely see his face.

He grabs me by my waist and we sit on the corner of the bathtub.

It's not Derek.

"Are you okay?" Alexander asks with worry in his tone and I shake my head.

"I feel... so weird," I mutter and I can't see his expression.

"Maybe you just need to rest. Let's go to Dominic's room," he says as he helps me stand up and I go out of the bathroom with him, too wobbly to walk on my own.

We get to Dominic's bedroom back where I medicated Derek and he helps me lay on the bed.

I bring my hand to my forehead and the pain is unbearable.

"Can you tell Derek to come?" I ask him and he nods.

"Okay. Wait here," he says and walks out of the room.

Ten minutes pass and Alex comes back.

"What took you so long? Where is Derek?"

"I can't find him but I really need to tell you something, Veronica," he mutters and I get worried. I try to sit up but I feel too wobbly.

He comes to grab me and he helps me stand up.

"Derek is selling drugs, again, he is with Felix all the time," he says and I put my hand on my forehead, trying to stay still as my head is throbbing and my heart skips a beat.

"No..." I shake my head which makes my head hurt worse. "He wouldn't do that..." I say in disbelief.

"He did it several times. Derek is dangerous."

"He isn't. I know him," I say refusing to believe what Alex just told me.

But Derek was so weird and mysterious these weeks, his new car and apartment, he isn't talking to Shanice, he disappears for days...

He even admitted that it's one of Felix's cars.

"How do you know that?" I ask unsure and Alexander looks away.

"I buy cocaine from Felix and I've known Derek for a few years," he explains and I try to go back to the bed but Alex catches me before I trip.

Right... Felix even came to beat the shit out of Alexander for whatever reason...

"W- why did Felix injure you that time?" I stutter as he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me way too close to him.