Living It Up

I was still suffering from a slight hangover. Damn! I was really throwing those drinks back last night. The flight I originally booked was first class and since I was still working on a way to get atleast a partial refund I wasn't about to shell out another $400 a first class last minute ticket. I should've made Asonis ass pay for it since he was the reason I missed it in the first place. I paid 2 and some change to sit next to a crying ass newborn in coach. I made my way through the crowded airport terminal trying to find a store where I could get a pack of excedrin or advil. I finally found what looked like a convenience store and grabbed the biggest smart water and asked the cashier for 3 packs of excedrin. As soon as I paid the man I opened all the packets and downed half the bottle of water. I already knew my friends were gonna turned up hard and I didn't wanna miss out on anything else trying to nurse this hangover. "Can you give directions to the car rental?" I asked turning back to face the man at the register. "Sure just keep following the blue lines, they will lead you directly there." I nodded my head and stuck my thumbs up "Thanks".

I pulled up to the four seasons in my laser silver holographic chrome Tesla. Yessir! I planned on pulling out all stops for this trip! The valet immediately came and opened my door for me. I smiled and reached for my purse. "I'll need a bellhop for my bags in the trunk. I have a reservation for the penthouse suite." I said as I took the ticket and went to check in. I admired the decor of the hotel, "we definitely were gonna be living it up this week" I thought to myself as I made my way to the front desk. "Hello, do you have a reservation?" The young woman ask with a smile on her face. "Yes I do, Teegan Rain Kahuna." She nodded and began tying on the keyboard. Just as she handed me the key the bellhop approached me and gestured for me to lead the way to the elevator. I usually prefer to take the stairs, but since he had my bags I understood. You can tell a lot about how clean a building is by the condition of the stairs. Even though his hands were full he still managed to press the pentagon button, I guess it was all part of the job. I began checking and adjusting myself in the mirror finish stainless steel. I already know Regina gonna be the first one to say something so I'm preparing myself. I'm honestly just praying we can skip it and enjoy the time I have here. When the elevator doors opens theres only two rooms. I walk to the double marked two and open it. "Ooh" was I could say. It was GORGEOUS! I'm talking about a scene right out the magazines y'all. I was frozen to that spot as I took in the view. It was I assumed a sitting area played out like a livingroom and directly across was glass doors leading to the balcony and I could see the oceanview. This the shit dreams are made of. "Yes baby" I said loudly. The bellhop next to me chuckled and asked where I wanted my luggage. "Oh, my bad. You can just leave it by the sofa thank you." I tipped him on his way out the doors. "Its about damn time." I heard Regina say. Rolling my eyes I closed the door and faced her Johana and Jeannette. "Yeah yeah, I know I know..." I huffed as I sat down on the fluffy sofa. "Shit..I'm just surprised you showed alone." She continued with her hands on her hips. Putting my hands on the bridge of my nose I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before responding. "Listen I really came her to relax and being bashed about my relationship with Adonis does not exactly fall in that category Gina." I squeezed the words out between clenched teeth. "Oh, so y'all back together now?" She asked sarcastically raising her eyebrow. At this point I was really ready to strangle her just so I wouldn't have to hear her voice anymore. My nose flared and I blew out an exaggerated breath. "Listen we got a schedule to keep to, so let's give Rai some time to get freshened up so we won't fall behind." Jeannette intervened and she grabbed Regina and forced her into the other room giving me an apologetic smile. "Glad your here sweetie." She called out over her shoulders. "Come on miss, let me help you get dolled up for our beach presentation." Johana giggled extending her hand to me like I was a little girl she was about to play dress up with. I just chuckled as we grabbed our bags and headed to my room. This suite had 4 bedrooms each with a private bathroom. When I originally made plans, I was staying in the other suite that only had 2 rooms. Adonis wanted to include Dutchess making it a "family vacation". After the "big blowout" we had there was no way I was gonna spend my birthday all sad and depressed, so I invited my friends and we upgraded. The boys were in the other suite. I lowkey believe that Adonis was pissed that I decided to make of the best of it instead of just suffering through my bday like I did last year. (Unfortunately he can be selfish like that). "OMGosh...girl this one right here. You gone be fighting them dudes off with a stick, like "Adonis who?" I just shook my head. "What we gonna do with that hair though?" She had a disapproving glare as she pointed to me slick back ponytail with my wild curly afro. "Girl dont even get me started on this hair! I could kill Adonis, he loves to fuck up my hair." I pulled the elastic band and shook it out scratching my scalp. All that hair jam Peaches (my hair dresser) uses makes my hair itch. "You know I got you, imma put two large twist in the front and detangle the hell out of it till its flowing nice and wavy down your back. " I hunched my shoulders and nodded my head. "Yeah, I guess that'll be ok till I can get a hair appointment." She put my two pieces on the oversize bed. "Let me know when you ready for me to slay your hair." She said leaving the room.