Photo Shoot

"Hey My Lady" I said with a big grin on my face as my mom welcomed me into her arms. "It looks like somebody enjoyed themselves. You all cheesing and things." She was cooking dinner and invited a few people over knowing I was gonna stop by today. "Uhm hmm....you are most definitely right. I needed that sun and relaxation." I said while going to the sink to wash my hands. It smelled all kinds of good in the kitchen and I definitely was about to taste test something. "Ooooh what you cooking?" She popped my hands as I tried lifting the top off one of the pots she had on the stove. "Girl...you act like your starving every time you come here." She chuckled and shook her head because I was giving her the puppy dog eyes and pleading for just one taste. "I got some chicken wing dip in that bowl over there on the table. You can get some chips or crackers and be content with that until dinner" she nodded in the direction of the food, I guess she called herself shooing me away. I started laughing as I opened the pantry and grabbed a big bag of doritos. "You know you not right for that, but since it's one of my favorites...." I was too busy stuffing a chip piled high with dip to finish my sentence. "Teegan Rain Kahuna!" I froze hearing my full name. You know you in deep shit when the government name come out. "Hmmm" I  answered turning to her slowly. "I know you don't think you about to just dip n that bowl like it's a personal serving. If you don't get a saucer or bowl or something." Her right hand was on her hip and she was pointing the large plastic spoon she was cooking with at me. "My bad" I chuckled and did as told.
"So...tell me how your vacation was?" I swallowed the food I had in mouth and got up to look in the fridge for some iced tea. She always hand made it with half lemonade. "Well we got massage, of course we got the whole spa treatment. Layed out on the beach, went to the park in Orlando and just pretty much relaxed." Lady cut eyes off under the pots and opened the oven to check on her meat. "Sounds like you got some much needed rest and relaxation." She absentmindedly commented as she took the foil off the pan. I came up behind her drinking my tea and peaked in the oven. "Ooh is that roast?" I was so close that when she stood back up she bumped into me "Rain..move girl! she fussed. I chuckled and went back to my chicken wing dip. "So..you didn't talk to Adonis the whole time you were gone?" I huffed and rolled my eyes, but she had her back to me so she couldn't see. I definitely wouldn't have done it if I thought she could see me. "Mom..." coming over to the table where I was sitting "Don't mom me, that boy and Dutchess been calling whining to me the whole time you were gone. Now I understand he did something that angered you, but you gotta learn to forgive and move foward. He's a good man Teegan. Yes he made a mistake, but he's been trying to make it up to you, but you won't even give the boy a chance." She put her hands on her hips as she lectured me. I got up and washed the glass and bowl I was using before putting them in the dish rack. "You hear me talking to you!" I took a deep breath, and faced her leaning up against the sink. "I have no problem with forgiving him, but I'm trying to move on instead of foward. I dont see no future with a man that could do that to me. That's not what love is mother." The doorbell rang stopping her before she could respond to me. Thank you God, I thought to myself. My mother has beautiful spirit and she's kind, but I don't thk she understands that every woman has a breaking point and Adonis has surely shattered mine. "Hey Mama" I heard Dutchess squealed excitedly, rolling my eyes I made my way to the living. I should've known she would invite him over. "My Lady" she attacked me once she realized I was standing in the there. I had to step back and brace myself, I almost fell when she tried to jump on me. "Hi babygirl, I missed you." I said Smiling big giving her a great big hug. "Hey Mama" Adonis chuckled as he hugged my mom and kissed her on the cheek. "Hey baby, where's Laura?" She questioned as Adonis closed and locked the door. Dutchess was yapping my ear off and asking all kinds of questions as she pulled me down to sit beside her on the sofa. I smiled and answered her questions as best I could, but at the same time trying to hear her father and my mom's conversation. They were headed to the kitchen and I quickly grabbed Dutchess hand to follow them. She came easily still going on and on about some party and her hair getting done by Ms. Bri. I sat down at the small circular table in the kitchen, making sure I sat Dutchess in between me and Adonis. "How long you been back?" He questioned me making eye contact. "Early this morning" I responded short and sweet as I redirected my attention back to Dutchess. "Man...I couldn't get a call or text or nothing huh?" I sighed "Lady, who all is coming?" I asked ignoring his question. She chuckled a bit and shook her head. "Just the family." She answered dismissively and started transferring the food into large serving dishes. That meant it could be her 4 sisters their husbands, children and grandchildren. I was so not prepared for this mentally, but it was the norm so.....
My mothers house is a nice size, it has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a large backyard with a sun deck, swimming pool,playgroundn,gazebo and storage shed. Most of the family functions are held here. All her sisters have houses this size or close to it, but she loves to get them all together. Since my father passed a few years ago, she has an event atleast once a month, I thinks it's her way of keeping busy so she won't get depressed about being alone. Adonis got up to help her once he saw she had the dishes all lined up on the counter. He began taking them to the large dinning room table. It was too cold to have an outside gathering,but she had more than enough room to accommodate all her family. After dinner we always ended up in the basement that she had redone into a family recreational room. "Dutchess, sweetie why don't you go in the back room and watch cartoons while we get everything set up for dinner." I told her as I got up to help Adonis and my mom. "Is Taylor coming today?" She asked excitedly. Taylor is my little cousin, they're around the same age, we call them frick and frack because when were all together when you see one the other ones not too far. "Most likely, I'll let you know when everyone gets here." She started running down the hall "Ey! Stop running in the house, this is not a playground and don't touch nothing you ain't got no business messing with understand?!" Slowed down immediately "Yes My Lady"  I smiled at her cuteness as I made my way into the dinning room with the hot ceramic bowl of black eye peas. "I just don't know what else she wants me to do" Adonis shrugged his shoulders talking to my mom. "Baby just give her some time, she'll come around. She's just really still hurt right now and since you guys had that long gap of not communicating she wasn't really able to face it and deal with her emotions about it." I plopped the bowl down on the table more rough than necessary to announce my entrance. "Teegan, can you go get the extra set of dishes from the basement? I want the white ones with the gold ring around it." I gave Adonis the evil eye. "Yes mam" making my way to do as asked.

  The dinning room was full of loud talking and laughing while everyone enjoyed the meal my mother prepared. Dutchess was sitting in between me and Adonis going to town on her plate. Adonis stood up and tapped his wine glass. "Can I have everyone's attention."   I screwed my face up and my eyebrows knit together as he patiently waited for everyone to get quiet. My family welcomed him, Dutchess and Mrs.Laura with open arms when I  introduced them so he was feeling right at home. I was curious as to what he wanted to address the family about so I was tapping my foot waiting for everyone to stop the laughing and side conversations. It wasn't exactly silent, but it now quiet enough for him to be heard without shouting. "You all know me and Rain have been together on and off for some years now, but I'd like to have you all witness as I attempt to make a step to a more permanent position in her life." There was a bit of side chat and all the woman were smiling. Adonis came around to my chair and turned it so that I was facing him. He then pulled out a square powder blue tiffany box and knelt down in front of me taking my hand in his. I took a few deep breaths and covered my face with my free hand, feeling the tears begin to build up. It's not I didn't want to marry him, at one point I would'nt even have given him the chance to propose before saying yes, but after everything that had happened in this relationship I'm just not so sure i even want to be with him, let alone marry him. "Altgough I have no doubt that this is what I want, it's hard to put into words the way I feel about you. I know that everything has not been rainbows and gumdrops as you like to say, but if you would just find it in your heart to give me the chance I promise you won't regret it and I will spend every waking moment for the rest of our lives together finding ways to make you happy. I can't see my future without you in it. What I'm trying to say is Teegan Rain Kahuna will you please marry me?" You could hear a rat piss on cotton it was so quiet in the room. I think everyone was even holding their breath because the only thing I could hear was the sound of my heart beating rapidly as I opened my mouth and closed it like four different times. I tried calming myself taking nice deep breaths as I looked into his expecting eyes. If we were alone It would've been so much easier,I could explain to him the way I was feeling and tell him not no, but not right now. At this moment I didn't want to embarrass him in front of everyone and damn sure didn't want to let Dutchess down. She was so happy she looked like she wanted to say yes for me. I searched the room for my mom and I looked into her eyes....for what i don't know? Maybe I thought the answer would be there. She is who I always look to in moments of uncertainty. She smiled and nodded her head holding her hand over her heart, because she was so moved by Adonis gesture. I felt a slight tug on my hand which brought me back to Adonis eyes. They were now pleading and full of hope, I knew if I blew him off like this he would never attempt this again. Swallowing hard I cleared my throat and said "Yes" just above a whisper. The whole room exploded in loud shouts and claps as he literally picked me up causing me to wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck for support as he kissed me passionately. After the moment died down a bit he put me back down on the chair and opened the box and revealed a beautiful ring. It wasn't traditional, but it was just my style and suit me so well. He let out a breath as he push the ring on my finger that fit perfectly. "Awwww" all the woman cooed. "Let me see!" Somebody yelled as I was swarmed with my aunts and cousins trying to get a glimpse of my ring. One of my aunts had recorded the whole thing and was going live on facebook. "Look at that rock!" She exclaimed as she held my hand and moved the phone all around to get the whole view. "Ok niecey pooh! You did that girl!" My mother instructed me to stand up and have Adonis sit in the chair so that I could sit on his lap. She was setting me up for impromptu photo shoot. I smiled and put hand on his chest to showcase the ring as everyone got pictures and cheered us on. In my head I just kept thinking what the hell did I just get myself into.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🥰😍😘❤❤

Really Adonis? He just think he got Rain like that, going from no communicate to marriage. I guess we'll see how this works out for him.
Thank you all for reading and as always don't forget to vote, share and comment