You Took Life From Me

I walked into the building with a pep in my step and a blinding smile carrying my work bag and purse on my shoulder and a cup of coffee in hand. "Good morning Ms. Kahuna. Good to see you back." The young receptionist greeted me cheerfully. "Good morning sweetie. Yeah, work hard, play hard." I said as I walked passed her desk headed into my office. I hung my bags on the hook near my desk and set my coffee down so I could take my blazer off and hung it up too. There was a stack of paperwork on the middle of my desk and posted notes from the secretary on my computer. I worked with about 10 different clients helping them get and maintain contracts with different companies for things like insurance, paychecks, cleaning and sanitation, banking, etc....There is a few levels to my job and I literally started at the bottom and worked my way up. Straight out of college with a degree in business management I got this job through a temp to hire agency making just $15/hr and never looked back.
So anyway......I was going through one of the top clients profile when my cellphone vibrated. A automatically played on my face, but when I saw who was calling that smile fell. "I'm working, you know that. What do you want?" I said with mad attitude. "Are you mad at me mommy?" A heard Dutchess soft voice on the line. I huffed and adjusted my attitude. "Babygirl I didn't know that was you. I'm so sorry. What's going on? Why aren't you at school?" It was already 9:30am and her school opened at 8. "My tummy feels funny and Daddy says my head is hot. When are you coming home mommy? I miss you." I could hear her voice trembling and I knew she was crying. Oh lord! I really wanted to go to her right now. This asshole knew exactly what he was doing. I was conflicted between wanting to be there for Dutchess, but I had made up my mind that Adonis was definitely someone I wanted to part ways with. He so damn petty, how you gonna dangle your child over my head?! I took a deep breath and shook my head. "I got a few important things to handle before I can leave work, but while I'm here I'll call your Dr and set up a sick visit for you. I'll see you in about 2 hours ok?" I assured her and she happily accepted and we hung up. I knew by her asking me when I was coming home that they were at my place. This was normal for us, but I wanted off this rollercoaster ride and he was playing dirty. I prioritized my to do list and was done in an hour and a half. Then I texted Adonis and asked him to come get me since Bryson had dropped me off. The plan was to get her some soup and possibly tylenol if she had a fever, tuck her in and when she fell asleep I would go back to Bryson's.

"Mommy" Dutchess squealed as I pulled her into my arms getting in the back seat. I didn't pay any attention to Adonis little screw face he was giving me for not getting in the front. I was not here at all for him and I was making that perfectly clear. "I need you to stop the drug store so I can get a few things for her ok." He just nodded his head in response. I wanted to call him an asshole so bad, but of course I refrained.
When we got to the house I took Dutchess temperature and it was a little elevated, but nothing too serious. The nurse I spoke with earlier had told me as long as it doesn't reach 101 she should be ok till her sick visit I set up tomorrow morning. I sat her down on the couch and wrapped her in a blanket while I ran a bath and put the soup on the stove on simmer and started to br ew w some peppermint tea. I would normally make her homemade soup, but I wanted to be as far away from Adoni as soon as I possibly could. He had a little attitude the whole time I was tending to her, but whatever. Once the bath water was ready I washed her up and took her to her room to lotion her and put on some warm pajamas and cozy socks. Then I brought the soup and tea to her on a tray and fed her. I could hear Adonis playing the game in the other room. I mean don't get me wrong I love Dutchess and I have no problem taking care of her, but why the hell would he call me off work to sit and play the damn game? That's exactly why I can't stay, he's so selfish. When she began to nodd off I tucked her in and closed the door leaving it cracked a tiny bit the way she liked it.
"She sleep?" Adonis asked me as I walked past him going into my room. "Mmmhmm." I responded as I made my way to the closet. I wanted to wear my pink and gray pinstripe button up with my gray dress pants tomorrow, because I scheduled a meeting with the representative for my top client. I wanted to go over a few things, because I found new companies that came highly recommended and would save them money, which possibly meant a bonus for me. I shot Bryson a text telling him to pick me from home and grabbed one of my extra large purses and put my suit and a few other things in it. "Where you going?" I jumped when I heard his voice. I didn't even realize he was standing in the doorway watching me. Shaking that feeling off I let a breath. "Wooo, you scared me. I didn't know you were standing there" I told him as I tried to make it past him with my purse on my shoulder. "I asked you a question" he grabbed my arm stopping me. "I told you Adonis I'm done. I only came here for Dutchess and till you get that and finally go home I won't be here." I pulled away from him as I heard my phone vibrate. "How you getting wherever you going? Cause I damn sure ain't about to wake my sick daughter up so you can run the streets" he cockles his head to the side. I smacked my teeth "You ain't gotta worry about that. Someone's coming to get me." I answered as I texted Bryson back. Needless to say he cussing my ass out! And told me to go into the lobby right now untill he got there. I rolled my eyes, but began heading for the door obediently. I could understand why he was upset, but he didn't even try to understand the fact that I was the only mother figure Dutchess knew and it was hard for me to turn my back on her, even if it was because her father was being a selfish asshole. "Yo, you not going nowhere till we done talking." He reached for me again but this time I dogged him and he ended up just grabbing my purse and my work bag. Pulling my arm away I allowed them to slip from my shoulder. "Come on Adonis...I can see your still upset and frustrated. We can talk when you calm down a bit." I said calmly trying to reason with him before he grabbed my phone out my hand and smashed it against the wall." My jaw dropped and started stepping back. "I came here for Dutchess...please dont act like this. I promise we'll talk when you......" he snatched me up by throat interrupting my statement.

************************************
"Man this mafucka right here must want me to kill his bitch ass." Bryson mumbled as he texted Rain. "Who? What wrong?" Khali said with concern in her voice. She was confused at his sudden outburst. "Man I'm sorry girly, I know you said what you needed to talk about was important, but something came up, I gotta go take of." Khali was a bit disappointed and relieved at the same time. She was nervous about telling him, but she didn't like keeping things like this from him "OK, go handle your business. Be careful and stay safe." She kissed him on the cheek and got out the car. "I love you" Bryson said as he turned the ignition on "I love you too big brother."
He decided to call Jean and update her just incase anything went down. "Hey big head." She chuckled while her voice rang out on the speaker phone in his car. "Ey, I'm about go get your lil friend from her house. She trying to get me to catch a case yo." After hearing wha head to say her mood became serious real quick. "What happened Bryson?" He was doing like 80 in a 40 zone, praying he didn't get pulled over. "Man I told Rain hardheaded ass not go around that nigga without me. I dropped her off at work this morning and he called talking about Dutchess was sick and wanted her mommy." Jean stomach dropped "She went?" Smacking his teeth he ran his hand down his face as he impatiently waited for the red light to change. "Man yeah." He could hear her breathing heavily through the phone "Go get her now." She commanded. "I'm on my way now, I just wanted to let you know." He pulled in front of her building and cursed when he noticed she wasn't in the lobby like he told her to be. "Damn man, she hardheaded as hell. Yo imma hit you back, I told her to wait for me in the lobby, but she ain't there." He cut the call without waiting for a response.

************************************

Rain sat on the floor breathing heavily and crying as she stared at the gun in Adonis hand. "Please...we can talk about this....just calm down ok?! Please..." Her eyes were swollen, her lip was busted, and the way her knee was swelling she hoped it wasn't broken. She pleaded with her hands up in front of her. Adonis stood over Rain with hate in his eyes as he listened to her plead with him. "You took life from me! You kept the fact that you were pregnant from me, we would've been preparing for my son right now, but you wanted to act like a bitch! Now you begging me not to take your life? Give me one good reason why!" Just then there was pounding on the door "Rain, open the door." She swallowed hard and her heart dropped to her stomach. "Oh...so you got a little nigga running up behind you huh? That's where you been? That's why you won't talk to me? Tell the truth! That's why you didn't want my son ain't it?" He spitting out questions faster than she could even process them to answer, all she could really do was shake her head no. She was shaking so bad, she was so afraid. "Oh God, please help me" she sent up a silent prayer. "Man fuck you and that nigga!" He aimed at her head and pulled the trigger as she screamed "NNNOOOOOOO!" When he realized what he had just done he dropped to his knees, putting his head in his hands.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🥰😍😘❤❤

I'm sorry I had to do it! The story comes to me and I just write it.🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

Adonis need help! Ain't he the reason she lost the child in the first place?!

Is Bryson gonna end up killing Adonis?

What exactly is Khali trying to tell her family?

I hope your not too mad and keep reading. Trust me when I say there are more twists and turns, cause the story must go on!!
Thanks for reading and as always don't forget to vote, comment and share