You Done Lost Your MF Mind

"Damn, he looks just like you babygirl." Bryson had gotten to hold, feed and change the babies diaper before Teegan woke up from her drug induced sleep. "He's so handsome, he looks just like...." Rain didn't finish her sentence. She swallowed hard, fighting back tears. Bryson squinted his eyes and stared at her intently "Just like who?" She cleared her throat and sat up a bit, fixing the hospital gown on her shoulders properly. "He does look a whole lot like my mom...which I guess would mean he looks like me." She avoided eye contact with him at the moment and turned her attention to her baby. Bryson took a deep breath and stood  up. "So...since I know your alright now, and your peoples are here, I guess I'll go home for a bit and clean up." Rain eyebrows burrowed together and she started pouting. "You don't have to go. They can wait a little while longer, I was enjoying our time together with just the three of us." He hated at times that she had such a hold on him. "You know your family probably sick with worry wanting to see you and meet the baby. The doctor said he's only allowing two visitors at a time, so the sooner I go home and freshen up...the sooner they can spend time with you and then I'll be back before you know it." He walked back over to the bed taking the baby out of her arms gently. He rocked him back and forth and his heart melted. The baby looked like a boy version of Teegan. "I really don't want you to go right now, I need you Bryson. I'm feeling some type of way." His demeanor had changed a few minutes ago when he thought she was gonna say the baby looked like Adonis, but hearing what she said, and seeing her so vulnerable softened his attitude. "Does this have to do with what we talked about earlier?" Rain shook her head no quickly "No" She said softly. After he looked into her eyes and raised his eyebrow she put her head down and started twisting her fingers together "Maybe" She responded without looking back to him. Bryson took the sleeping baby over to the hospital bassinet and laid him down. He pulled down the siderail and sat next to her. "Look at me" He said softly as he gently pushed her chin up so she would raise her head. "I told you, your enough for me. It's just a blessing to have you and the baby here with me. I thank God for every breath your taking right now. It's ok to be sad, or however your feeling. It's perfectly normal not to be ok with the effects of the surgery, but always remember to be greatful that God spared your life and that's the most important thing. Right?!" She picked at the lint on the worn hospital blanket."Yeah...but what if you change your mind in the future and want a baby that's...... biologically yours? It's not fair to you." She didnt want to point out the fact that her son wasn't really his, but she was also trying to be logical about it. In her mind he would never truly know what it was like to have his own child.  Bryson let an exaggerated breath and his hand dropped from caressing her face. "I understand your in your feelings right now so I'm not gonna light you up like I feel the need to. But let that be the last time you emphasize the fact that he's not my child." He grabbed her hand and kissed it, then grabbed his jacket and keys off the chair. "And will you please settle on a name for my son so we can stop calling him the baby." He gave a half smile and pecked her lips. "I'll be back love, try to rest. Don't let them rile you up too much, you've been through enough." Rain just nodded and laid back in the bed closing her eyes. She was still very much exhausted and she knew she needed to take the chance to sleep while the baby slept.

************************************

"He had no right to make that decision! Your gonna have to live with that foe the rest of your life while he goes about happy and free, because he can still have children. Don't you understand Rain...you can't have any more children, ever." Johanna paced back and forth while she ranted to her sister. She couldn't understand why Rain was not just as upset with Bryson as she was. "He did what he thought was best at the time Jojo." Rain said tiredly for the thousandth time trying to calm her down. "See ma, I told you. She be dickmatized, after a man gives it to her good he can do no wrong. And it's a damn shame, because if it wasn't for that I would look up to you." Johanna said pointing her finger towards her sister, then she shook her head. "Alright, I've had enough of your shit! You think you can say what you want to people and it won't have consequences? That shit hurt, like you calling me a spineless coward. I'm far from that and to be honest I think it's best you leave, because sweetheart if this had been any other situation I would bust you in your shit a half an hour ago." Rain said throwing her legs off the side of the bed to get up and approach Johanna. "Uhn Uhn.... ain't gonna be non of that!" Torian said pushing Teegan forcefully back into a laying position. "Ain't no body scared of you Teegan, and truth be told you could use a few boxing lessons from me the way I heard Adonis was whipping yo aas. Could've never been me baby!" Rain nose flared and she bit her lip to keep from hollering cause she didn't wanna wake her baby. "Ma you better tell that little girl something and get her the fuck out my room before...." just then there was a soft knock on the door and then it opened without whomever being invited in. "Excuse yourself" Rain said looking at Johanna. "Oh my goodness he looks just like Adonis" Lisa gushed and reached down to pick the baby up out the bassinet. "You wanna wash your hands first?" Torian said with a frown on her face. "You called her?" She turned and asked Rain, who was looking like a deer caught in headlights. "Oh I'm so sorry, I was just so anxious to hold my grandbaby." She said putting her purse and coat down on the chair rushing over to the sink. There was an awkward silence in the room as Johanna and Torian shared a "What the hell" look, before looking at Rain shocked. "Teegan how are you honey, was the delivery long?" Lisa asked as she rocked the baby in her arms next to the hospital bed. "Uhh...I had a few complications, but were both healthy and right now that's all that matters." Smiling from ear to ear she looked up from the baby long enough to greet Johanna and Torian. "I know what you mean. I barely remember the labor with Adonis, the only thing that sticks out is when the nurses finally put him in my arms. Such a precious experience." Johanna grabbed her coat "Well there's only supposed to be two people on the room at a time so imma head out. I was getting ready to go before you came anyway. Nice seeing you again." She hugged Torian and laughed at Rain while leaving the room. As soon as she was out Rain got a text.