Gathering

After the funeral everyone gathered at Regina's house. Ronald greeted everyone at the door and ushered them to the backyard, where there tables set up, food and soft gospel music playing. Even though it was a beautiful day outside no one was truly enjoying the weather. "Auntie Nette!" Genie yelled when she saw Jeannette and ran to her with open arms. Jr, Georgia and Raynell followed their younger sister to greet their aunt as well. She scooped Genie up and gave her a bug kiss, hugged her tightly and positioned her on her hip so she could hug her siblings. "Hey babies." She said hugging and kissing each of them on the cheek. "Mmm...ain't that a scene?!" Jean said sarcastically. Rai elbowed Bryson "would you get your sister, I'm not in the mood for the drama today." She dabbed her eyes with a folded up piece of tissue she was holding. She had been crying all day and was just ready to get in the bed and put this day behind her. "Ey Jean and Kandace  y'all keep the negative remarks and attitude to yourselves today. Ain't nobody in the mood for that shit right now." Kandace jaw dropped and she rolled her eyes and smacked her teeth. She didn't intend to say anything, so for him to assume she would pissed her off. "Come on babe, chill out, just leave it alone." Malik said rubbing her lower back. Kandace took a deep breath and his scent and the cologne he wore calmed her nerves a bit. She nodded and leaned into him. Malik loved this more vulnerable side of her. He could only hope it would last after baby came, he was starting to fall in love with this side of her. There was a loud sob heard from the kitchen, the patio was right off the kitchen and the double glass doors were open. Everyone looked in that direction to see Ronald comforting Regina's mother. She lived out of town and was unable to get a flight in time so she missed the funeral as was just arriving. "Lord what happened to my baby?" She hollered and leaned over. Ronald took the kids upstairs to play in their room after they got upset watching their grandmother crying.
All the men rushed to her side, pulling up a chair, getting her cold water, a wet rag, someone even brought a fan near her.  After that scene there was barely a dry eye in the yard. "Guys, I think imma head out." Johanna said signaling to Justin that she was ready. He insisted on driving her, because as much as she tried to hide it he could tell it was bothering her. "Thank you so much for looking after my little sister, she can be bullhead, but I love her dearly." Rain said after grabbing Justin's arm. He just nodded his head, smiled and made his way to Johanna. She was saying goodbye to everyone while slowly making her way away from the crowd and towards the front door.

"Baby Lisa called and AB is getting cranky, he's ready for bed. She wants to know if he's spending the night." She shook her head no quickly. After the last conversation they had when they were spending time she decided he wouldn't spend the night with her for awhile. "We can head out. Just gimme a sec to go tell Nette." She said scanning the crowd to find her. She huffed when she seen her off to the side with Ronald. As much as that aggravated her, she didn't wanna leave her friend just incase the atmosphere got hostile. She smiled and said hello to a few people that greeted her on the way to Jeannette. "Hey Nette were about to go, I gotta get AB." Rai said with a soft voice and her best smile she could muster at the moment. "Oh, ok. Well I'm gonna stay here and help Rinald with the kids. Regina's mom is staying at the hotel so I don't want them to be alone." Rain blinked a few times and her eyebrows creased. "You are?" She closed her hands together in front of her and stood patiently waiting a different response. She just knew her friend wasn't so desperate that she would stay the night with Regina's husband that she had an affair with leading to her suicide. "Yeah, he asked me if I would. The kids were happy about it, so I said sure." Teegan didn't respond. She was afraid that wouldn't be able to control her mouth so she just turned to leave. "I'll call you later, we'll have dinner or something." Jeannette said to her back. Rain just put her hand up and kept walking.
Bryson had a confused look on his face when she approached him. "What was that about? It didn't look to good by your facial expression and body language." She laced her fingers through his and pulled him towards the exit. They said their goodbyes to people on the way out, but she had tunnel vision. She just wanted her baby and her bed. He held the passenger door open for her and waited until she was seated comfortably reaching for her seatbelt before he closed the door. As soon as he opened the driver door he began to question her. "Is Jeannette not riding back with us?" I didn't know she was on speaking terms with anyone but us. Someone else gonna give her a ride? Is she staying at the house tonight?" Rain felt like she was being interrogated. She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "No Bryson." His eyebrows went up and he turned to look at her. He started to say something about her attitude with him, but noticed her signature "I don't wanna talk about it pose" and decided to just leave it be. He drove off headed to Lisa's to pick up his son. Atleast there would be a little but of joy when  they saw his big smile.

************************************

"I don't know if this was such a good idea." Jeannette voiced as she picked up the empty plates and cups off the tables. Chad, Khali, Malik, Kandace, and Ronalds mom had stayed behind to help to clean up after the gathering.  Ronald knew it would've been easier to have it at a venue so he wouldn't have to deal with the aftermath, but it was cheaper this way. He also had Regina cremated per her wishes. She didn't want them spending loads of money on a funeral. "I thought we had this discussion already, it doesn't really matter to me what people think. I'm more concerned with the happiness of my immediate family." He responded. All the couples were paired up doing different things to make the process go faster. Malik was pretty much pulling all the weight, because Kandace feet started to swell and he had her sitting in the shade relaxing. "You gonna stay with me the rest of the week right?" Khali overhead their conversation while her and Chad were taking down the tables and stands that held the food. "I can't believe she's really gonna stay with him like everything is all good." She whispered to Chad. He shook his head. "Baby, please...you know how I feel about you getting involved in that drama. Now I can admit we shouldn't have just completely cut ties with them, but I'm not getting in the middle of that mess. Let's just change the subject alright." Khali nodded her head. She knew he was right. Honestly with Regina no longer here it was non of her business what went on between Ronald and Jeannette, but it still made her feel bad that she knew they were only looking up because Regina was dead. However she left it alone, because they bigger things to sort out in their relationship instead being involved in thier friends private affairs. "All the foods put up right?" Chad asked knowing that she was still dwelling on it even though she wasn't speaking about it. "I put as much as I could in the fridge. The other stuff is just on the counter in tin pans with aluminum foil, we can ask Ronald what he wants us to do with it when we're done out here." Their communication had gotten better over the past few days, but there was still the "elephant in the room" at all times. Chad knew eventually he would have to bring up the pregnancy, abortion topic and they would have to forgive each other and work towards healing to save their marriage. He hated feeling awkward around his soul mate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🥰😍😘❤️❤️ hey guys hope your enjoying the read.

Jeannette seems like she about to lose all her friends behind Ronald

Chad and Khali def need to start communicating or they won't make it.

Is Justin up for the challenge trying to get with Johanna

Malik and Kandace seem close, it's cute.

Stay tuned guys and as always don't forget to vote, comment and share