Daytime Drinking

"You don't think it's a bit too early for that baby?" Chad grabbed his wine glass and downed like half of it with one gulp. Khali paused cutting her steak to look him in the eyes. She wanted him to know she had no doubt about this. "No I don't. I wanna be young and enjoy their childhood. I want to be old and tired hurting from running around behind them." She paused and put a piece of the juicy steak in her mouth. "I like the concept of us growing together." Chad's eyebrows creased together and he gave her a look like he wanted to say are you serious. "We're still very young Lee, we got plenty of time to procreate. Right now I just wanna enjoy my wife and get to a place where we're financially and mentally capable of providing all our future children's needs." He finishe the glass if wine before he continued. "I know what having children without planning is like. It's not only unfair to the kids it can also be devastating to the marriage as well." Chad had no problem having children, he just wanted to make sure their marriage was secure before they started that journey. Khali stabbed at the steamed potatoes and shoved a big piece in her mouth. Chad burst out laughing "Stuffing your mouth like that supposed to do what?" He asked her and took a fork full off his loaded potato. "Baby....it's not funny" She mumbled. She had stuffed the large amount of food in her jaw, so she could try to talk to him. "Naw...cause now you look like a chipmunk." He continued to laugh as she gave him the evil eye. "But seriously, I think we should just enjoy each other, travel the world and stack our bread for atleast 3 or 4 years before we have children. I ain't in no rush to be penny pinching cause we got responsibilities you feel me." He commented getting serious again. Khali quickly chewed the food in her mouth and swallowed hard "Four years!" She sounded as if she was choking. "Jesus, slow down before you choke baby." Chad reached across the table and handed her her drink. "Yes love. We're still young sweetie. We have time love." He watched attentively as she gulped down the drink. "This is the kind of thing you should've told me before we got married. The fact that you don't want children is depriving me of experiencing it." Chad's eyebrows creased together. What?! I never said I didn't want children. I said wait Khali." She stood up, put her coat on and grabbed her purse. "I can't do this here, it's just too much, I'm ready to go home." She stormed off to the exit, leaving Chad confused.

************************************

It was completely dark. The blackout curtains were drawn, the TV was off and the only noise was coming from surround system hooked up playing jazz on low volume. Jeannette sat on her couch sipping the cranberry and vodka with nothing, but her  chaotic thoughts to keep her company. She had been texting Ronald all day, but he refused to respond. His last message she received early this morning said she was being irrational, because she knew his situation and she brought this on herself. He claimed that he didn't need her negatively in his life right now. He had so much going on and the last thing he was worried about was her tantrums. She had went to the Dr, but bill of health was clear. Apparently Regina had gotten a kick out of rattling her, but she couldn't really be mad at her though. She would've probably handled the situation much differently if it had been her husband one of her close friends was sleeping with. The problem was that Ronald was the only man she was seeing. She didn't believe in having multiple partners so she felt like she was going through a break up, even though deep down she knew they shouldn't have been messing around with him to begin with. Her cellphone buzzed and she declined the call. Teegan had been trying to get in contact with her since the day everything blew up, but she wasn't in the mood for anyone judging or pitying her. She could deal with this alone.As she stumbled in the dark to her bar for a refill the front door came flying open and light spilled in blinding her. She got an instant headache and regret drinking without filling her belly first. "What the fuck Netta!"(which is what her mother used to call her) Rain loud voice pierced her head and she plopped down on one the bar stools almost falling. "Jesus! Could you be any louder?!" Jeannette complained just above a whisper. "You had me worried sick. You haven't been answering my calls. You guys gotta stop with this pulling away shit, it brings up my anxiety." Rain fussed as she turned on the light and drew the curtains back. "Aww hell no." Jeannette got up and staggered to the light switch to turn it off. Rain tilted her head to the side and her eyebrows creased. "Are you drunk at 7pm?" She had never seen Jeannette this drunk and she never drank this early unless they were celebrating. Usually she drank wine during the day. "It's happy hour somewhere" Jeannette responded and slumped down on her couch taking the blanket off the back and pulled it over her head. "What the hell is going on with you? Are you in love with him?" Jeannette didn't respond. She tried to just keep it fun, but the truth was she had fallen for him. She believed he was going to leave Regina and be with her. All she could do was cry. When Rain heard the loud sob come from her friend she sighed and went to the couch. There was a million things rolling around in her head she wanted to say to Jeannette, but in this moment she knew what she really needed was comfort and she would give her that. She scooted until she was in position to hold Jeannette and that's where she sat quietly, listening to her cry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

🥰😍😘❤️❤️ Hey. Thanks for hanging in there. The stories coming along now.

Chad and Khali are so cute together. You think she gonna pressure him into having a baby? Or will she listen to reason and enjoy her youth?

Jeannette really got herself in over her head. You think she gonna walk away or try to cause problems?

Rain always seem to be right in the middle of chaos as usual. You think she'll be able to fix her own situation while she so good at managing everyone else crisis.

Only one way to find out, stay tuned. Thanks for continuing to support me and reading. As always don't forget to vote, comment and share