Just Another Day

Rain moaned and rubbed her eyes as she heard the baby crying over the monitor. She had it set up where their rooms were combined, but since her and Bryson were working on the relationship they decided to get AB used to sleeping alone. It was like pulling teeth trying to get him to go to sleep in his crib after had fallen asleep in the bed with them. She threw the covers off and sat up on the edge of the bed squinting to see AB little legs kicking on the monitor. "Ok, big boy. Mama's coming" She said tiredly even though she knew he couldn't hear her. Standing up she shook her head once she saw the clock read 4:30am and Bryson still wasn't home. She normally woke up around this time to get her day started or she would be late. Huffing she pulled the covers up and propped the pillows neatly on her bed, before heading to the nursery. She wasn't a wild sleeper, so when Bryson wasn't in the bed his side didn't need to be made.
Once AB saw her it seemed like his cries got louder and he started rolling over trying to get to her. "Good morning my baby." She said smiling at him. At the sound of her voice he started to quiet down a bit, but he was still whining. "Awww....that baby need a diaper change and he hungry? I know he hungry" Rain cooed as she got a diaper and a few wipes from the warmer. She picked him up and cuddled him rubbing his back to soothe him. "Mamma got that baby boy." AB gave her a smile and started pulling at the bonnet she had on her head. "No no baby, don't pull mama bonnet." She instructed him pulling his little fists away from her. He started sucking his fists as she laid him on the changing table and cleaned him up. "Him do the stinky leg, cause he gotta stinky butt?" She smiled and sang to him. He giggled and kicked his feet while he babbled still trying to shove his fist in his mouth. She picked him up and got comfortable in the rocking chair. She laughed as he tugged at her shirt. "Ok mamma hungry baby. I gotchu." She cradled him with one hand and positioned her nipple with the other. AB quickly latched on, closed his eyes and sucked hungrily. Rain leaned back in the chair causing it to rock gently as she thought about the day ahead of her and the fact that  ryson had stayed out all night for the first time since they've been messing around again. Although he'd never done anything to hurt her, she had scars from her past relationship and it was causing her to have doubts. She wasn't sure what time Bryson would be home, but she missed him already. He would normally wake up when she got the baby, start breakfast and pick out their outfits for the day. Then they would work out together and she would shower and get dressed while Bryson got the baby together, so she would be on time. Since he wasn't here she was gonna have to skip her workout and take quick shower while the baby took one of his many power naps of the day.
Once Rain noticed AB slowing down she unlatched him from her nipple burped him and switched to the opposite breast. When she noticed he was falling asleep before it was time for him to finish feeding she rubbed his cheeks and belly tickling him a bit to wake him. When he was done feeding on that side she burped him again and laid him in the crib turning on the mobile so he would stay sleep while she got in the shower.
As frustrated as she was that Bryson hadn't been home or even bothered to call or text her she pushed that to the back of her mind and begin getting ready. The only thing she wasn't comfortable doing while the baby was awake qas showering so she hurried to the bathroom, hoped in and immediately began to bath. She was out in 10 minutes, which was a record for her. She peeked at the baby to make sure he was still sleeping before grabbing the baby monitor off her side table and rushed downstairs. She was completely naked, but she wanted to get her breakfast and lunch together. She turned the oven on 475 grabbed a pan out the cabinet, 4 frozen french toast sticks, and 4 sausages from the freezer. She sprayed the pan with butter spread and put the food in the oven. Next she started her coffee maker and prefilled  her favorite pink insulated cup with cream and sugar. She pulled out her oversized lunchbag and put plastic silverware and napkins in the small side pocket. She added 2 bottles of water, a bottle of sweet tea, and a redbull to the bottom pouch and zipped it. Then she grabbed her broccoli and cheddar soup from the fridge, a pack of crackers, 2 mozzarella sticks, a zip lock bag of turkey pepperoni she had pre measured and the small container of assorted fruit she prepared the night before. She zipped that in the 2nd pouch and went to the pantry where she pulled out a small bag of wheat thins, fruit snacks, some peppermints and a few pieces of worthers hard candy and put it in the top pouch zipping that as well. By the time she was done packing her lunch her coffee was finished. She poured it into the cup, stirred it and took a sip to make sure the taste was right. She took the lunchbag to the front room and set it by the diaper bag she had prepared the night before so she wouldn't forget it. Then turned the oven off and set the pan on top of the stove so it would cool.
She glanced at the clock to see it was 5:50 so she rushed upstairs to put her clothes on. While making breakfast she went over her wardrobe in her mind so she already knew what she would be wearing. She quickly put on her outfit, did her make up, took her hair out of the wrap. After checking the monitor to make sure AB was still sound asleep she went downstairs and ate her breakfast and sent her good morning texts to everyone including Bryson. While she was cleaning up her mess in the kitchen the baby started crying. Grabbing the monitor she made her way upstairs to start getting the baby ready. Since she had given a bath the night before, she just wiped him down and lotioned him, before putting on his clothes and a bib to match. Once she had everything gathered at the front door, she strapped AB in his car seat on the floor and took the bags out to the car, before coming back to get him and locked his seat into the base that stayed secured in her back seat. She smiled as she checked the time, it was 6:30, which meant she would have time to run by the coffee spot after dropping the baby off at Lisa's. She checked her phone one more time before she pulled off and to her disappointment she still hadn't received a message from Bryson.