Officially Out of Your Life

Rain and Laura sat looking at the photos in the small office of the funeral home. Laura seemed more interested in  planning the event than Rai was. She gave a head nodd or would say "Mhmm, that's nice." When Laura would point out a coffin she approved of. "Baby, I know this isn't something that you enjoy doing, but planning her funeral is the last chance we get to show our joy and celebration of her life. I want her going home to be beautiful." She said attempting a small smile at the sullen look on Rain face. "I know, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that she's no longer with us." Rai hadn't gotten any sleep in the past few days, she kept seeing the scene play out and would wake up in a cold sweat. Poor Bryson had been sleeping during the day, so he could be there for her at night. He ended up changing his whole time line around for the business meetings he had set up to handle. "I know baby its gonna be hard, you Dutchess so much and treated her like she was your own. I wanna thank you so much for selflessly being her mother, I know when the time comes come you will be...." Rai didn't let her finish the sentence. She pulled hands back quickly and stood up. "This will be the very last child I allow Adonis to take from me. I'm sorry it has to be this way Mrs.Laura, but after the funeral I honestly do not think I will be in contact with the family anymore. I need to put him and all his baggage behind me." She had turned her back to Laura, because she knew she couldn't look her in the eye and say that. Her heart broke when she heard Laura gasp and she wiped at the stubb6stream of tears that fell without her consent. "Oh dear! Baby I have come to think of you as a daughter these past years and it really hurts me to hear you say that. You must remember I too was in your position some time ago, but you can't let it break you and turn your heart cold. I love you Teegan, but I'm willing to give you your space if that's what you truly need. Just know I'll always be there, just like you were for Dutchess." Laura closed the photo album and put it back neatly. Then she took some of the brochures they had laying out. "We can do this tomorrow I think we can both use a break from this burden Adonis has left us with." With that being said she placed her hand gently on Rai shoulder and walked out the door.
Rain gave up on wiping her tears, she picked up her phone and dialed Bryson number. "Wazzup beautiful? You good?" Just hearing his voice brought a smile to her face. "Yeah, we're gonna call it a night." She responded softly. "Alright I'm not far from there. Gimme 10 ok." Rain nodded her head like he could see her "Alright" she grabbed some brochures as well stuffing them in her purse and grabbed her coat. Bryson had been like her bodyguard ever since the incident and he assured her until he found Adonis he wasn't leaving her. She found comfort in that thought because she was happy with him. Their relationship had flowed like water since they met. Part of her was terrified that they were moving too fast, but a bigger part of her felt so carefree and good being with him.
"Hey" Rain said leaning over the armrest to kiss Bryson. "Miss me already?" He chuckled with a big smile. "Shut up and drive boy!" She smacked her teeth and laughed. After driving for a good 10 mins just vibing to the music enjoying a comfortable silence Bryson cellphone went off. He looked at his phone and declined the call. Rai raised one eyebrow, and bit her bottom lip, she wondered whose calls he always declined around her. Then he got a text almost immediately and he quickly answered it putting the phone back in the cup holder. Clearing her throat first, she looked at him so she could see his expression when he answered "Who was that?" Bryson wondered if he answered the way he wanted to would she catch and attitude or respect it. He hesitated before deciding it would be better to just put it out there. "I never liked that." He started glancing at her as he turned the music down. "Being questioned like that, you've never done that before and I'd appreciate if you didn't start it now." He said calmly while taking glances at her to see her reaction. "Well excuse me." She said raising one eyebrow "I didn't know me asking who was blowing your phone up was such a big deal." She pursed her lips shook her head turning her focus to the road ahead of them. Bryson ran his hand down his face. "Baby, listen I'm too old to play games. I want to be with you, there is no one else, and as long as we continue to vibe there will never be a need for anyone else. Your just gonna have to trust that I won't do you dirty, because if there comes a time that I no longer want you or I'm no longer satisfied i have no problem voicing that. OK?" He refused to allow this to become an argument, but he wanted to make his intentions clear. Rai nodded her head and bit her bottom, her forehead creased and as she rolled his words over in her head. "Rai, I really don't want you to just nodd your head and agree with me just because I said so.....I need to know that you get where I'm coming from so I know were on the page, because I don't want this to become an unnecessary issue." He pulled up into the parking lot of a mall, and shut the engine off turning to face her. He took in her posture, her head was down and she was fiddling with the straps on her purse. Reaching out he gently grabbed her chin and lifted it turning her head so that she would face him. "Talk to me. What's going on in that head of yours?" Taking a deep breath "Honestly you haven't given me a reason to distrust you, but" Bryson shook his head as he interrupted her  "Uhn uhn, you can't hold me accountable for anyone else's actions but my own. If I haven't given you reason why treat me like that? The work that I do, I can't always be exactly tell you what's going on and who I'm speaking to, but its strictly business and it's for your own protection. So I need you not to get the habit of always asking me questions about that phone." He shrugged his shoulders "I mean truth be told unless it's you, my sisters, or about business I don't like being on it anyways" Rai looked into his eyes and watched his body language the whole time. She really have a reason to treat him that way, but Adonis had left so many scars physically and mentally that she would have to work at it to get over all that he'd done. "Your right. You don't deserve that and as much as I wish it weren't true I'm damaged from my experiences. I will however do my best, but we both know that it will take some work. I need you to always stay open to me the way you have been doing and I will trust that your being honest with me untill you prove otherwise." He leaned in and kissed her, she reached up and put her hand on the back of his head gently pulling him more into her and she deepened the kiss. When she let out a moan he slowly pulled back chuckling. "Let's go in here before you start something." She gave a big smile. "That wouldn't be so bad." He turned to her while he was opening his door "Don't temp me babygirl."
They held hands as they walked into the large building. "We going shopping?" Rain asked after passing a few stores. She loved retail therapy, nothing made her smile like sliding her feet in a nice new pair of stilettos. "If you like, we can go a little later, but I had something else in mind." He stopped in front of a store she had never paid attention to. "What's this?" She asked looking around, it had very few customers. It looked to be some sort of art supply store. "You paint?" She asked picking up a paint set full of all different shades of pink. "A little bit, he smiled as he noticed the color she was looking at. She was so dainty, everything she wore had to have some shade of pink in it. "Come here" he instructed her holding out his hand for her. The store clerk greeted him with a big smile. "Well hello Bryson, back again huh? And who do we have here?" The older lady asked gesturing towards Rain. "This is Rain" he stated guiding her in front of him so he could introduce her. "Hello there, my are you gorgeous!" Rai blushed at her complement. "Thank you." The woman  turned to swipe her key car and open the door behind her. "You must be a special young lady, I haven't seen Bryson bring anyone in here in a few years, since......." she stopped her statement when she noticed Bryson shake his head. "Well here you are, you got the area all to yourself as requested. Buzz me if you need anything." She said  walking out. The room was the size a small restaurant and it had four tables each had two chairs. The walls were lined with shelves that were piled high with colorful materials. There was a huge oven in the middle of the room. Bryson took her coat and hung it on the coat rack. He then put a pink apron on her and a blue one on himself. "Its clay molding. My mother used to bring us here to spend quiet time together to get us out of the house. As I got older I found it relaxing." She adjusted the apron so it was comfortable "I've actually never done this better. Your gonna have to teach me." She stated looking at all the different art setting to dry. "I think you'll like it." There was ocean sounds playing over the loud speaker and it was actually soothing. Bryson motioned for her to sit at the first table while he went to collect the supplies they would need.
The whole time Bryson was teaching Rain, he was speaking quietly into her ear and touching her gently. They were enjoying each others company untill Rain almost threw up all over him. She had just gotten nauseous out the blue. Maybe, she had a stomach virus or something. She thought to herself as she rinsed her mouth out in the bathroom sink. She was enjoying her time with Bryson, but she just wanted to go back to his place eat something and lay down. "You alright baby?" Bryson as when she came back out the bathroom. "Yeah, I'm just tired. Do you mind if I just go back to your place and rest." He had already started cleaning up the mess. "Sure, just let me finish cleaning this up and we'll get you home." She made her way to help him and he stopped her. "Sit down I got this. You not feeling well." She smiled and sat back.
"Sorry to hear your not feeling well, get well sweetie. Hope to see you soon. Bryson take good care of her." The older lady said as they left the store. "You know it." Bryson said as they waved goodbye. As they were driving back to the house Rai turned down the radio. "You think we could stop and get some things for lasagna? I got a taste for it." Bryson scrunched his eyebrows and glanced at her. "If that's what you'd like.. sure." He answered simply. He was thinking how the hell she want lasagna when she just threw up. He redirected them to his favorite mom and pop Italian restaurant. He didn't feel like cooking and he damn sure wasn't about her in the kitchen when she wasn't feeling well. He shook his head at the thought of her wanting this heavy ass meal. "I'll be right back" he told her getting out of the car to order their food. She let the seat back and drew her knees up closing her eyes. Just as she dozed off to sleep her phone went off. Grumbling she reached in her purse and took it out. It was Mrs. Laura. "Shit" she really wasn't in the mood to be guilt tripped, she just wanted to eat her lasagna and get some rest. "Hello" she answered quietly. "I'm doing a closed funeral and only blood relatives are able to attend, so don't bother calling my mother anymore. You got what you wanted, were officially out of your life" Adonis said dryly and hung up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🥰😍😘❤❤

I hope you guys are enjoying reading.
As always don't forget to vote, comment and share. Also follow me so you can get alerts when I update.