Family Bonding

"Damn you cooked like it's Thanksgiving. I thought she said this was gonna be a quick family meeting." Bryson said while he picked  up a deviled egg and bit into it. "Yeah, I know, but it's been so long since we've all been together I thought it would be nice if we could have dinner." Rain said as she placed another dish on the large dinning room table."I get it, but if you haven't noticed Kandace is not really into family gatherings. Truth be told she's very self centered, so don't be surprised if she doesn't stay to have dinner." Rai stopped and squinted her eyes "You don't think she'll stay knowing I did this cause she asked for us to come together?" She said with a pout on her face. Bryson shook his head and sighed. "Baby girl, I don't want you to get your feelings hurt by having high hopes of some type of relationship with her. Hell were blood and you see what she did to Kahli on her wedding day. I just don't want you to get all excited and then Kandace let you down, cause that would really piss me off." Rain went and wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his chest. "I hoped she would come around eventually. I hate that everyone's so wrapped up in their own lives that family doesn't matter anymore." Bryson rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head. "I know Rai, but a lot of shit has happened in the past year. Shit just ain't the same anymore, you gotta learn to love people from a distance because you'll put so much into trying to give your all and they don't reciprocate. You can't pour from an empty cup and that's what you'll be left with if you don't accept the change in people and allow them to go their own way." Taking a deep breath she stood back from him and sighed. "Well...atleast I tried..." She was interrupted by AB cries over the baby monitor. "You finish up here, I'll get the baby." Bryson said walking towards the stairs. Although she had finished cooking, she still had to set everything up and finish cleaning the kitchen before everyone got there in and hour. "Thanks babe." She said going into the kitchen to get the utensils and napkins.
The doorbell rang. Rain looked at the clock on the microwave, that was probably Khali and Chad. Khali liked to early to everything. She wiped her hands on the dish towel and walked to the door. She about to open it without asking who it was, but then she remembered how Adonis had bust on her and she stopped. "Who is it?" She asked loudly. "It's me" Khali answered.  Rai unlocked the door and pulled her into a hug. "Hey sis, I knew you would be the first to get here." Khali pulled away from her embrace "I love you babe, but I gotta pee" She said running to the half bath off the kitchen. "Hey lil bit" Chad said giving Rai a big hug, he lifted her off her feet making Rain giggle. "Hey sweetie, it feels like forever since I've seen you." Chad immediately made his way to the dinningroom "Damn girl, you must've been cooking all morning" He said looking at the spread of food on the table. "Well...it's been a minute since we all came together, so I decided I'd make a lil something to grub on." Chad rubbed his hands together "Yeah, this will definitely do." Teegan chuckled and went to finish washing the few pots and pans that were left. "Honey you got it smelling good in here." Khali said joining them in the kitchen. "What you cooking?" Chad sat down on stool. "She got a feast in there. They better hurry up before all they get is my leftovers." Chad said with a straight face causing the two women to burst out laughing. "Damn Rai..you did that." Khali said after looking at the food in the dinningroom. "Same thing I said. It's about to go down." Rai put the last pot in the dish rack and dried her hands on the towel. "What's popping" Bryson greeted them coming in the kitchen with the baby in his arms. "Hey big bro" Khali said giving him a side hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Can't call it." Chad said as they fist pound. AB started squealing and reach out for Khali. "Aww come here nefew...auntie missed him too." She cooed as the baby wrapped his little arms around her neck and hugged her. "I see now I'm not gonna get my baby all day huh?" Rain pouted. "Baby girl, quit pouting. Enjoy it now, cause later you know he gonna be stuck to you." Bryson said. The doorbell rang and Rain hurried off to answer it. "Who is it?" She asked with her hand on the doorknob ready to open it. "It's me." She recognized the voice as Johanna's. Throwing the door open she flung herself in Jojo arms and hugged her tight. "OMGosh where have you been hiding?" Johanna hugged her back with her eyes wide "Miss me a little bit?!" She said chuckling." Rai slapped her arm playfully "Girl don't be going MIA like that. I don't care what we argue about, your my sister and I love you." Feeling Justin behind her, she moved out the door way to let her in. "Awww, I love you too big head. I hope you don't mind I brought a friend with me." Rain raised one eyebrow at Jojo and then turned to Justin smiling and extended her hand. "Nice to meet you Justin, I'm Teegan Rain, but everybody calls me Rai." He grasp her hand and gave a firm handshake and pulled her in hugging her briefly "Thank you for welcoming into your home." Rai chuckled and stood back. "Well make yourself at home, we're just waiting for everyone to arrive, before we start eating." Justin went and sat down on the couch. "It sho smell good in here, what we grubbin on today." Johanna laughed. "Don't mind him, he always hungry." The door opened and Jean came walking in "Hey everyone, hope I'm not too late...and I brought company." Kisha walked in confidently wearing a tight bodycon dress and a pair of stilettos. "Aww...hell naw...Bryson!.... get your sister!" Khali said loudly. She had came into the livingroom to see who was arriving, although Kandace had been acting weird towards them she was still anxious to see her. That was her sister and she missed her. "What's going on?" He asked taking AB from her as he made his way into the livingroom. When he spotted Kisha he ran his hand down his face and mugged Jean. "What I tell you about bursting into my house like that? And this is supposed to be a family gathering, what you bring her for?" He wasn't up for the bullshit today and although he had been seeing Kisha secretly, he made it clear to her that he wasn't about to mess up what he had at home for her. "Well last time I checked, the incredible hawk over there on the couch wasn't in our circle either." Jean said pointing to Justin. Bryson eyebrows knit together, because he didn't know who Justin was, but he quickly turned his attention back to Jean and Kisha. "Oh, so...no hello. We just start throwing shots at people now?" Justin said leaning foward. "Nah...yo come in here with me. I don't know what they got going on in here, but we ain't got nothing to do with it. Johanna grabbed Justin hand and led him in the kitchen. "Jean, why would you bring into my house for a family gathering?" Rain spoke up. She had been stuck for a minute, remembering the last time she brought Kisha here, but finally came to and found her voice. "Last time I checked it was my brother's house and I didn't know my friend wasn't welcomed here." Bryson handed the baby to Rain and went to the door. "Nah...you heard her right, this is her house too and y'all both can go. I ain't got time for the foolishness." He said pushing Jean back to the door and snapping his finger at Kisha to follow.
Her pretty features formed a pout as she looked him in the eyes silently pleading to stay. Bryson straight faced her and pointed to the door. "I ain't studder!" He said sternly. "Yo...this girl got you tripping. You gone throw me out your house, we blood baby boy." Jean said standing in his face. Rain huffed, but she knew to remain quiet and let Bryson handle his sister. Not that she was afraid of her, but she didn't wanna be the cause of any animosity that formed between them, so she tried her best to stay out of their disagreements. When Jojo got out of line she expected the same thing from him, so she had no choice, but to understand. "And gimme my muffuckin key back. I'm sick and tired of you busting in here like you pay a bill. That shit was for emergency purposes, but I see you don't understand what emergency means and you disrespecting Teegan bringing this girl in here." He said dismissing the two females. "Thats fucked up Bryson, but you got it. Remember she's your family now." Rain spoke up after hearing what Jean said to Bryson. "It doesn't have to be like that Jean. I'm not trying to take your place or anyone else's for that matter. Family is important and I don't want there to be rift in y'alls because of me." Bryson put his hand on Rai waist and pulled her back. "You let me handle this, go ahead in the dinningroom and make sure everything set up babe." He kissed her forehead and turned back to Jean. "That's not I meant, but you know I don't play that disrespect shit. This is our home Jean, I don't bring drama to you, so why you trying that bullshit with me is beyond my comprehension." Jean stopped and looked at the frustration on her brother face. I was true she was being petty bringing Kisha here, because she hoped to start something between him and Rain. It dawned on her that she was now doing the very thing that  caused her to want him to stop messing with Rai. "You know what bro...you right, I apologize I was wrong. Imma sit this family meeting out, but call me and catch me up." Bryson simply nodded. Call me Kisha mouthed when she was passing him. "Get yo disrespectful ass on." He said with a disgusted look on his face. The fact that she was willing to come to the house where family was let her know exactly what type of female she was. Jean chuckled and grabbed Kisha arm. "Girl come on here for you piss him off." Kisha put her head down and followed Jean.
Bryson closed the door and was headed into the kitchen with everyone else, but the doorbell rang before he could get there. "Damn" He was trying to steal another egg, he was hungry and smelling that food had his stomach growling. When he opened the door  Malik and Kandace were standing there holding hands. "Well...if it isn't the guests of honor! Bought damn time y'all asses showed up we hungry as hell." Malik walked in first with Kandace trailing him. "Well hello to you too big brother." She said sarcastically. Bryson chuckled and grabbed her in a hug, he stood back and creased his eyebrows because her stomach felt hard against him. "What the hell y'all got going on?" He said with a frown. "Well that's kinda what part of the reason why I wanted to call everyone together, so I wouldn't have to make this announcement more than once. I see all the cars, where is everyone?" Bryson side eyed her and squinted his eyes at Malik "They in the kitchen waiting on you so we can eat and hear this news" Malik grabbed Kandace hand "Well, let's not keep them waiting any longer."