Testing The Waters

Rain looked around the livingroom at her family gathered and it warmed her heart. Although the occasion had left them all devastated, she was greatful that they were willing to come together and support each other. She had cooked fried chicken and fish, baked macaroni and cheese, greens, roasted potatoes, spaghetti salad, potato salad, yams and cornbread. Bryson had helped her set the food on the dinningroom table buffet style, before everyone arrived, but no one had seem to have an appetite yet. So they were all just sitting around having drinks and talking about the good times they had with Regina. "Hey" Rain called out to Jeannette when she saw her coming down the stairs. "Hey" she responded timidly. The talking and laughing stopped and all eyes were on her. If Rai wouldn't have come and grabbed her hand leading her to the loveseat where her and Bryson were sitting she would've turned around and flew up the stairs. She felt like an outsider in a group that she used to call family. "How was your nap?" Rai asked, ignoring the uncomfortable silence of the room. "It was OK, I just been tossing and turning, I haven't really gotten much sleep the past few days." She responded truthfully. She was having a hard time sleeping, because she felt like Regina's blood was on her hands. "I wonder why?" Kandace said quietly, but everyone heard because of how quiet the room had gotten. "Uhnt uhn...we not gonna have non of that tonight." Rai spoke up giving Kandace the evil eye. "What's wrong with you?" Bryson asked as he shook his head. "Just can't get right." Chad chimed in. "Alright, alright...that's enough on my lady." Malik stated and shut it down. Jeannette just sat quietly  with her head down. She hadn't really paid what Kandace any mind, because she was too busy beating herself up in her mind. "Ate we ever gonna get to the food?" Jean asked tapping her foot, with her arms crossed. She was standing in the doorway of the dinningroom and the smell was making her stomach rumble. "I swear y'all really be acting like y'all ain't got no damn home training." Bryson said to his sisters. Kandace was the shit starter and Jean was the instigator. Bryson and Khali always had to defuse situations when they were together, it pissed him off because he hated drama and avoided conflict as much as possible. Jean rolled her eyes and Kandace hunched her shoulders. "What? I think she got a point for a change. Shoot all that food in there getting cold and we sitting in the livingroom not knowing what to say in an uncomfortable silence. If we were stuffing our mouths with food it wouldn't matter that it was quiet." She said standing up to go wash her hands so she could join Jean in the dinningroom. If nobody else was gonna eat, she definitely wasn't about to let this good food go to waste. She knew Rain always threw down in the kitchen. "Yo...chill out with that attitude." Malik spoke up and followed her into the half bathroom.
Chad stood up and extended his hand to help Khali up."Come on babe." She took his offered help and they went unto the kitchen to wash their hands before going into the dinningroom. "You go ahead in, I'll check on AB real quick." Bryson told Rain as he headed upstairs to check on the sleeping baby. Once everyone came in and sat down Torian said the blessings before they begin scooping food onto their plate. "So, how was the drive here?" Malik asked Jeannette. Kandace screwed her face up and smacked her teeth. She didn't even want him talking to her man stealing ass. "Oh it was cool. It's normally a two hour drive, but I was tired so it took me more like 3 cause I had to stop and wake myself up. I had just gotten off a double shift." She responded as she chewed on her fish. "Uhn hun....I told you I would've flew you out. The trip would've only been 45 mins and you could've slept the whole way. Me and Bryson would've picked you up or you could've rented a car at the airport." Teegan chimed in enjoying her macaroni and cheese. "Naw, it wasn't necessary. That definitely would've been a waste of money." She said chuckling. "Well to see about your safety there's no amount of money I won't spend." All Rains friends knew how kind hearted she could be and Jeannette just thought that would be taking advantage. Especially being as she could afford to do that on her own, but refused to waste her own money on a two hour trip. "So you came to be with Ronald?" Jean asked. Everyone looked at her and then the spotlight was turned to Jeannette again. "Let's not do this right now. We're all together having a good time remembering the joy we shared with Regina. There's no need to bring that ugly conversation up." Torian spoke up. Jeannette put her fork down and her head hung. She had respect for Torian so she remained silent, but she was itching to cuss Jean out for that statement.

************************************
Johanna alarm woke her up and cleared her eyes trying to focus. When she felt an arm wrapped tightly around her she became confused. She had fallen asleep at Justin's with the intentions of taking a nap. She gently removed Justin's arm from her waist and grabbed her phone headed into the bathroom. While doing her business she checked her messages. There were about 10 missed calls 3 voice-mail and 12 text messages. Most of them were from Laina. She returned the text she had fron Torian and Rain. They were checking on her to make sure she was good and asking why she didn't come by for dinner last night with them. She could only imagine what Laina was talking about and she didn't have the energy to deal with that so she left her messages unread. Putting her phone on the counter she wiped, pulled the boxers up she borrowed from Justin and washed her hands. He had extra hygiene products in the cabinet so she took a toothbrush and brushed her teeth. Then she got a fresh rag to wash her face. She never used the same rag on her face as she did her body. When she went back into the bedroom Justin was laying there watching TV in a wife beater and some basketball shorts. "Good morning sunshine." He greeted her with a smile. "Hey, my bad. I didn't mean to spend the Nighy, but for some reason I was tired as hell." She said sitting on the edge of the bed. "Nah...you good. I got some good sleep last night. Even with you hog calling." He chuckled. "Whatever ninja, I don't snore." He twisted his lip up and rolled his eyes "If you say so." He responded and laughed again. "You about to go?" Justin asked. "Probably so, I gotta go take a shower and change. Rai and my mom been trying to get me to come over so they can make sure I'm alright." She turned and squinted her eyes at him "I'm not keeping you from anything am i?" He quickly shook his head. "Nah..I'm chilling. I just wanted to know it's cool if you stick around." Jojo nodded her head and got back in the bed leaning against the headboard. "It's cool, I could chill for a bit." She responded hunching her shoulders. "You gone cook breakfast right?" Justin bust out laughing. "Girl you ain't even got the Just incredible special, how you expect a ninja to be slaving over a stove for you?" She joined him laughing "Justin incredible special is insane! Shaking my head. That's what you call it huh?" He stopped laughing and wiped a fake tear from his eye. "Well what you call it?" Johanna had crooked smile and shook her head. "I don't know..." She stopped smiling when she noticed him starring at her intently. "Your very beautiful you know that." She raised one of her eyebrows "You not too bad looking yourself." She commented nervously. Justin leaned over and kissed her forehead. Then he kissed her cheek. Jojo sat perfectly still not knowing what to do. She sensed his mood change,so she braced herself for what she knew was coming next. His lips hovered over her mouth almost as if he was asking permission to continue. She leaned forward a bit and allowed his thick lips to press against hers. He pecked her lips again before tugging at her bottom lip gently and they began a slow passionate kiss. Johanna eyes were closed, her whole body got warm. When she felt her pussy tingle she pulled back from the kiss. They looked into each other's eyes and Justin caressed the side of Jojos face. The phone rang and it brought her out of the trance she found herself in. "I uh...think imma go, I got a few errands to run." She said quickly getting off the bed.

************************************
🥰😍😘❤️❤️ hey guys

You think the crew will embrace Jeannette again after her betrayal?

Who didn't see that coming? Justin and Johanna been getting mighty close lately. ☺️

There's more surprises to come so stay tuned.....
And as always don't forget to vote, comment and share