Morning After

I had a slight hangover from last night, and truth be told I'm disappointed with myself. It's not the fact that we had sex or even the fact that he stayed over, because when we are face to face there's some type of magnetic pull between us. It just feels natural to be with him. However I had just proved exactly what Regina said, he came around and my plans were thrown out the window, because they didn't fit his needs. Now I have to figure out how to make this up to my friends and I gotta get up and get the earliest flight to Florida to continue our celebration.
I sat up on the side of the bed and felt a little dizzy. I always kept advil in my bedside table, because I suffer from migraines. I noisily opened the draw and shook 5 200mg gel caps in my hand, replaced the top and slick slammed the drawer. It amused me when Adonis groaned, if I had to get up and suffer right now he damn sure wasn't about to lay there peacefully (I know I'm wrong lol). I looked at the charge on my phone and it was only at 30% "tsk fast charger my ass" mumbling to myself I went into the kitchen and washed my hands so I could get a cold cup of water to wash these pills down. Then I went to the bathroom and while I did my business I mentally prepared myself for the day ahead. After I was done I wiped, washed my hands, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I reached in the top cabinet in the kitchen and pulled out my folgers coffee. I put 6 heaping scoops of coffee in the filter and poured cold water to the full line, Which was about 12 cups. Pressing the start button I made my way to my computer so that I could get my flight. "Damn" I knew it was gonna cost an arm and a leg to reschedule so soon, the worst part about it is I can't even get any kind of refund or credit from the one I missed because it was a group discount. Smmfh..... Looking at the little timer in the lower right corner of my monitor I chose the 12pm plane. This would give me time to get showered and something on my stomach so I could feel a little better before boarding. Right before I clicked the confirm button I felt Adonis hands on my shoulders and he kissed my neck. "Good morning beautiful"  It sent shiver down my spine and I got goosebumps. "Morning" It came out a little icy, but I was salty so what do you expect. "I see already planning to run to your friends huh?"He said with a humorless chuckle as he walked away from me. Creasing my eyebrows I made sure I submit my payment and confirmed my flight details before getting up to address that statement he made. "I see somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. What is that supposed to mean?" I asked leaning against the doorframe to the bathroom. My hands were on my hips and I was really trying to resist the urge to roll my eyes, because he hated that. "Yo, it's to early for this shit, check that attitude before you come at me" Exhaling dramatically I turned to the kitchen to make my cup of coffee "I don't have this to do right. I just asked you a simple question." I poured the caramel swirl creamer in my coffee cup and added 3 spoons of sugar before pouring the coffee in. "Oh really?! That was a simple question? You don't never do nothing wrong huh? You just miss innocent." Adonis left the kitchen, but came back quickly with a sandwich bag, blunt wrapper, and a grinder. I just nodded my head and went to the refrigerator to pull out ingredients for breakfast. It wasn't unusual for him to smoke a blunt in the morning, but I knew he was rolling up now because he was aggravated. My best bet at this moment was to keep my cool and just go about my day as if that statement was never made. As I alternate between sipping my coffee and preparing the food I felt him staring at me. Thank God he decided to roll up, because if he hadn't that could've easily turned bad real quick. As I was beating the eggs for the french toast I heard my cellphone ring. I stopped for a moment, then decided against answering it. It was probably one of my friends and getting cused out from them really wouldn't leave me in the right mood. As it is the silence between me and Adonis was so loud it was uncomfortable. We've always had communication issues, honestly if it wasn't for the passionate sex we had our relationship would've been dead years ago.
We were enjoying the breakfast and small talk. The tension from earlier had eased and I was relaxed. "So how long you gonna be gone?" Adonis asked as he took a bite of his turkey bacon. "A week" I answered with a chuckle. "What's funny?" looking me in the eye. I scrunched up my mouth and smacked my teeth. "You know dang on well how long I'm gonna be gone and what I'm gonna be doing there. You wanna act like we didn't make these together, fine, but I'm not playing this game with you."  I got up and emptied the remaining food on my plate in the garbage. "Just because you decided not to go didn't change my plans." I told him as I ran dish water and cleared off the table. "Shit how was i supposed to know you were still go through with plans we made and just incorporate your little fan club?" He lit his cigarette and i stared at him for a min. "Here we go" I mumbled as I turned my focus back to the glass I had in my hand. "I don't have to explain anything to you. You claimed you were done and went MIA for 3 months, because you decided to show back up for my birthday doesn't mean shit. It honestly proves how selfish you can be. Why should I just drop everything thing I have going to suite your needs?" I put the last dish in the strainer and dried my hands. "I'm getting ready to go...and..you...maybe...you should too." I stumbled over the sentence biting my bottom lip and wringing my hands together. He stood there looking down at me and I dropped my head slightly to avoid his stare. "Alright." He said quietly and walked out the kitchen. It took everything in me to stand in that spot while I listened to him gathering his things and finally I heard him deactivated the alarm and the front door opened and closed. Shaking my head I push off the sink and get ready for my flight.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🥰😍😘
Ok guys thanks this was a filler chapter basically giving a further peek of the relationship between Rai and Adonis
I hope your enjoying, remember to like, comment and share.