Spineless

Since I was the one with the keys I needed to be on time to welcome everyone. I punched the numbers into the keypad to silence my alarm, kicked my shoes in the corner and hung my coat on the rack. I walked through my cozy 2 bedroom condo and turned the light on and off as I quickly checked to make sure everything was how I left it. It was a habit. Even though I had the alarm, I always checked. Inside my bedroom I laid my outfit and underclothes on the bed and stepped in the closet to pull out my sneakers. On the way to the bathroom my cellphone rang. That reminded me I needed to put it on the charger while I got dressed. It was Adonis, I rolled my eyes and contemplated if I would answer or not. I decided to decline his call and turned on pandora station. Listening to the music not only soothes me, but it also helped me keep track of how much time I spent in the shower. I put the phone on the bluetooth speaker that also served as a charger in the livingroom and started my water. As soon as I stepped into the shower the music stopped and I heard "Call from Adonis". Rollong my eyes I grabbed my face scub and sponge and cleaned my face. I leave the scub on until I'm done washing the rest of my body so it can exfoliate my skin properly. I don't wear much makeup so I like my face to be smooth and clear as possible. By the time I was lathering my stomach the music was playing again and I sang along. "I'm in my room with the blues cause all I want...all I want is you...ohhhh your...your like a bottle of wine, you get better with time and all I need is a glass of you. Yeah, your like a ray of sunshine...." and I was cut off by "Call from Adonis" I smacked my teeth and smh. "What the fuck" I yelled out to no one. I had been ignoring his text and calls since that uncomfortable scene at the restaurant. It's like when he doesn't want to be bothered there is nothing you can do to get him to come around, but when I fall back he can't handle it. "And in no time....." the song resumed just as I was rinsing off. I wrapped the towel around me, brushed my teeth and gargle with listerine. I like to be fresh as I'm is (lol) whenever I step out for any reason. I walked into the dark kitchen and grabbed a bottle out the cupboard ( I like it room temperature) and swallowed the contents quickly. Throwing the plastic in the recycling bin I walked back to my bedroom. Since I was gonna be a casual party I had a love pink sweatsuit from Victoria secrets. It would be perfect because it was also comfortable enough for the plane ride. I finished my lotion routine and dressed in like ten minutes. As I was putting on my sneakers "Call from Adonis" came out the speakers again. "Well damn! Seriously" I smh and grabbed my luggage out the closet and took it by the door. Since we were leaving from the party I was just gonna drop the key in the slot of the office and head right to the airport. So decided to take my luggage in the trunk now. When I reached the door it was opening and I stumbled back, because it was unexpected. "What are you doing Adonis?" He reached for me when I tripped, but I swat his hand away and stepped back a few paces. "I see not only am not important enough to respond to or answer my calls, but I'm unwelcome now?" He chuckled and closed and locked the door. "I wasn't expecting you, anyway you know I'm getting to leave." I huffed and crossed my arms in front of my chest " What do you want?" Placing the keys on the hook next to mine he took a deep breath. "Can we talk?" I rubbed my hand over my face and bit my bottom lip. "Now you wanna talk? Listen it's not a good time, I have somewhere to be in like the next 15 minutes so...."  I left the statement open because o didn't want to be rude and tell him to take his lying ass on somewhere and allow me to enjoy my birthday celebration, but I'm sure he could take a hint. "It won't take long, look..." he grabbed my luggage  "let me help you, we can talk while you finish getting ready." I dropped my head in my hands and took a deep breath. "Fine. Come on" I threw my hands in the air in frustration as I made my way to my room. I sprayed some perfume on and dropped it in the small duffle bag with all my other toiletries. Picking up my diamond heart earrings "So talk" I urged him as I put those in and decided which jewelry I would pair with it. "Here, where this one" he grabbed my favorite necklace with a simple small heart shaped diamond pendant and began to put it on me. He got so close I could smell his cologne mixed with his personal manly scent. I had to stop myself from turning my nose into his chest and inhaling his scent, like I've done on countless occasions. "Ok...I'm not playing this game right now. Either talk or excuse yourself, because....." Stepping back away from me he put his hands in surrender position "Alright, my bad. Can't blame me for being distracted. I ain't gonna lie you look sexy as hell right now." He was smiling and he licked his lips slowly, I'm sure to draw my attention to them full, soft ass lips of his. "I will not be distracted!" I told myself grabbing my pandora bracelet with the heart charms. "See! You play to much." I wined and went to the bed to grab my duffle bag. Big mistake! In the blink of an eye he had his hands wrapped around me and was placing open mouth kisses on my neck. "Tell me you don't miss me." He whispered in my ear before swirling his tongue there. My breathing picked up and I could hear my heartbeat in my ears loudly. Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach and heat was coming from every place he touched. Right this moment it happen to be my breast that he was massaging firm, yet gently. "Mmmm..." a moan escaped my mouth and my mind was scrambled. This feeling right here, this man was all I yearn for since I first lay eyes on him. I couldn't say or do shit! I have a serious weak spot for him and he knows it, he plays on it. I could be as hard and callous as I wanted over the phone, but presented him face to face I always submit. Smh...."Lord help me." Was all I could think. "I need you Rai.." he slipped his hand into my sweatpants and began to massage my clit. "Ohhh, mmm" I moaned unable to resist him. "Open" he demanded and I spread my legs with no hesitation. Just as he slipped his finger inside me "Call from Chad" played over the bluetooth speakers. I hadn't gotten a chance to grab my phone and charger before he interrupted me. "Wait wait wait..." I said breathlessly as I pushed my back against his chest to try and put some space between us. "What the fuck am I doing?" I asked myself and turned to get out of his hold. He released me slowly and stuck his finger in his mouth. "No taste like it" he said licking his lips like he was savoring the flavor. "I gotta go" I grabbed my bag off the bed threw my speaker and charger in it and rushed to the front door where my other luggage was. "Sorry I'm on my way down now." I ended the call before I even heard the response, grabbed my keys and turned to face Adonis. He was smiling from ear to ear. I couldn't look at him so I put my head down a bit. "Lock up for me I gotta go" I turned away to rush out the door, only to feel the luggage snatched from hand and the duffle bag slip off my shoulder. "I said I'll help you. You lock up, I got these." I would've argued with him, but I didn't have time for that. Chad was always the last of us to show up, so I know they were pissed waiting on me in the cold. "Alright" I ran through the house turning off all but the kitchen lights and threw him his coat, which I hadn't even noticed him take off. I grabbed my coat, typed the code into the alarm system and locked the door. He was standing at the elevator doors waiting patiently. I felt him staring down at me and it made me figit. I pat my thigh and tapped my toes as I eagerly willed the elevator to open up faster.

We hadn't said two words to each other in the elevator, putting my bags in my trunk, or on the short walk to the community center. When I reached my friends, I could tell they were judging me. It was really ackward silence and I felt uncomfortable. I fiddled with the key, trying to open the door but my hands were shaking (I guess from the adrenaline rush I just got). Adonis gently placed his hand over mine "Let me" It was a whisper. I stepped back and once the doors were opened I let my friends go in before me. After all they were probably freezing cold while I was being felt up in a warm apartment. They were gonna want to know what happened. I didn't like lying to my friends, but telling them the truth (after the conversation we had a dinner) was not something I was prepared to do on this subject. Adonis linked his fingers in mine, interrupting my thoughts, and walked me into the large area. Since we all led very busy lives and had hectic schedules, we hired a party planner to take care of everything for us. It had a beach like theme and a little of what each of us wanted, since we were celebrating our birthdays together. Johana started getting a lot of alerts on her phone. "The food is here guys" she said with a huge smile. "And it begins!" Regina shouted loudly laughing. We were all excited.

Halfway through the party I was done! I mean done done. We were all taking shots together and with our other friends, but I was also drinking with Adonis. He bought me a bottle of ciroc and I think I might've drank all that by myself. It was our birthday celebration right! Smh. Well that's what he kept telling me when I kept saying maybe I should switch to coffee or water. At one point me and Jeannette, Johana and Regina got on the stage and were performing a song. I remember needing help walking down the few steps that led to the stage. We were dancing and laughing and just genuinely having a blast. "Why don't we go upstairs so I can finish giving you your birthday licks?" I already knew he wasn't done trying, but I didn't count on me being this receptive to the idea. When I tell you I was wet, smh....dancing with him had me ready before he even said anything. I didn't respond, I just wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him passionately. I let all my inhibitions go and just let myself feel what was in my heart for him. I had missed the shit out of him those past 3 months and I was ready to show him how much.

Damn! Messing around with Adonis ass I missed my flight. I know he did this on purpose. He had conveniently left my phone in my purse, but his was on my bed. Smh. My friends had tried to reach me so hard last night my phone died and it was on 90% when we started the party. I'm sure I had a bunch of voicemails and text messages, man I know they pissed. I'm laying in this bed looking at the ceiling, I'm really ready to choke this man. God he's so damn selfish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ok guys, so I've brought you to the point of the first paragraph in the first chapter. I hope your enjoying the read. Remember to like, share and vote for all chapters 🥰🥰🥰🥰