xciii. on the eve

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬
❝ 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

TEN HOURS LATER, VERA AND Neptune are emerging from the surfaces of the ocean's water

Although it had taken them a lot more time than they would have liked — considering their main goal is to arrive at Gondor before any permanent damage is done at Minas Tirith by Mordor's approaching army — this is the quickest and most practical form of transportation. The ride from the Rohirrim encampment to Gondor's White City would take approximately three days on horseback...they could not waste any more time, especially when Vera herself is requested to be present in their time of need.

So, with Neptune by her side, they make haste to enter the depths of the ocean's surface. The pair ignore the wet clothes that cling to them disturbingly, shuffling towards the sandy beaches to face the lesser forests of Gondor, halting as they face a sudden crossroad that they did not anticipate originally. 

Horses.

The once-great stallions that they had an abundance of has abandoned them in their time of need, leaving them stranded in the sands between the woods and the sea. Vera and Neptune turn to each other at the same time, the former's hands on her hips as she ponders their situation. Neptune raises his eyebrows.

"What are we going to do?" There is no amusement in Neptune's tone, making the dilemma more pressuring for the brunette, as he asks worriedly. 

Vera purses her lips. They cannot stay at the beach with nothing to do but hope and pray for a stallion to miraculously come by. So, without saying another word, Vera darts for the forest unhesitantly, leaving her brother to stare after her in confusion but follows her nonetheless. 

"Vera?" inquiries Neptune after a long road of pure silence — apart from the crunching of leaves under their boots — dodging a low tree branch. "What are you...doing?"

"Well, we cannot remain at the beach for Eru knows how long," begins Vera, grunting as she goes over a long tree branch, "so I supposed we can start walking towards Gondor. They need our help, Neptune, and journeying there on feet may not be the best but I am afraid we do not have another choice."

Neptune nods understandingly, finding truth in her words as they wander around the forest in the naive hopes of discovering a form of transportation to get them to Minas Tirith quicker. The sun is still rather high, meaning they had time before their presence would be more imperatively needed. Before the blonde brother could answer his sister, the wind picks up speed, causing a ruffle in their resolves.