v. imladris

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬
❝ 𝒊𝒎𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

AS THE MORNING, WELCOMING SUN RISES upon the blue, blank sky and emits rays of light to fall on the trio of sea creatures, they awaken from the short slumber they gifted themselves with and hoisted their belongings back on their horses, and clear ...

AS THE MORNING, WELCOMING SUN RISES upon the blue, blank sky and emits rays of light to fall on the trio of sea creatures, they awaken from the short slumber they gifted themselves with and hoisted their belongings back on their horses, and clear the shelter they resided in for comfort.

Vera, her plaited hair dangling to her stomach with stray strands blowing against the wind, watches the sunrise, letting her eyes illuminate with the now full sun. She could hear Corin and Neptune talk to each other quietly from the trees. The princess tries hard not to eavesdrop on their conversation as she softly brushes the mane of her darling horse.

"Hello, little friend." The horse neighs, his beady eyes gleaming at her. It seems that he didn't like being called 'little'. Vera giggles at this and pats him affectionately. "Yes, it doesn't seem like you're very little," she murmurs, gesturing to the tall head that was a foot taller than her and the horseback that reaches her neck. The white stallion whinnies in agreement. "It seems that I need to give you a name, seeing as you don't like the pet names." At the horse's approval of her request, she laughs. "But what to name you? I wonder..." As Vera tries various names to call her haste friend, Corin approaches her.

"Are you...talking to your horse?" Corin asks carefully, amusement evident in his tone. Vera smiles at him and nods, before whirling around to her horse, resuming her efforts to find a suitable name for the glorious animal.

"Yes," she answers. "Though, it does seem strange, doesn't it? I suppose it's my way of comfort," she continues, humming lightly at the assumption she created for herself. Corin moves to stand next to his friend and eyes her discreetly, wondering if it is his place to say what's in his mind.

Vera notes the conflict in his eyes and speaks up, "If you have to tell me something, Corin, you can, I won't get mad."

Corin bows regretfully. "It isn't my place, my Lady. Forget I said anything. I only meant to tell you that we're prepared to leave now, Your Majesty."

Vera frowns at the title her friend gives her and shakes her head. Letting go of the yet-to-be-named horse's white mane, she holds Corin's hands gently. "Tell me," she pushes, letting him gaze into her eyes. Her heartbeat slightly fastens at the sight of Corin looking like he did now but she merely shakes her head. She can't get caught in lost feelings, that was the past.

Corin releases a sigh, looking away from the familiar, caring eyes of his once very close friend. "It's...I worry for you, Vera," he finally lets out in quiet exasperation.