xiv. lasting goodbyes

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

AFTER ASSURING PIPPIN THAT THEY weren't going to die, contrary to Vera's words, Lord Elrond ordered the Fellowship to rest for the night and prepare their things before the rise of the sun, for they would be riding out and starting their quest then

Untangling herself from the clinging, pale Pippin, she laughs delightedly at his fear. Vera isn't one to let revenge go so lightly and after the scheme that he and her brother did this morning, Vera could only retaliate by leaning down and whispering that they were to go to hell, which caused the Hobbit to panic and cling onto Vera like a child. Elrond had assured him that Vera is only joking and throws the girl a glare, making her shut up immediately.

The Fellowship departed momentarily to go to their assigned rooms and get ready for the journey ahead.

Shuffling towards the guest wing, Vera's heeled boots click against the stone pathway, causing a sound to resonate through the empty hallway, along with the sound of leaves crunching with her every step. She heard the footsteps but decided to ignore it until the voice called out to her.

"Vera!" Corin calls out, slowing his running footsteps so he could walk in line with the fast pace Vera quickly takes up.

"Corin," she greets happily — all fake, of course — sparing him a brief look before continuing forward, not letting Corin catch his breath. She attempts to direct the conversation elsewhere, "How are you? The meeting was quite theatrical, don't you think? That Boromir could be an actor, really, his talent for dramatics can do him well—"

"Vera," Corin interrupts with a warning tone. "You know why I want to talk to you."

"Oh, is this about the protector that I found in your dresser? Because if it is, then you should know that it is alright, Corin, everyone has the right to a love life—" she tries.

"W—What? No," Corin double-takes, wondering if he heard Vera right. "I—I do...not know what you are talking about. Did Neptune tell you anything?" he asks, temporarily distracted.

Vera gives a wink and smirks knowingly at the flustered guard.

"Please, Vera. I know I cannot sway your mind from going to this journey but at least let me try. One last time. I do not want you going away for a few months while we are fighting," Corin pleads, entering the room alongside the princess. "As much as I don't want you to go, I know my place as a guard is to only protect you and guide you, and keep you knowledgeable."