xli. mysteries of the earth

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑶𝑵𝑬
❝ 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

CORIN SIGHS DEEPLY, FEELING RELIEVED TO finally return back to his home

CORIN SIGHS DEEPLY, FEELING RELIEVED TO finally return back to his home. Unlike Vera and much of his kin, he enjoys the familiarness of the water, restoring his weakening state with more energy. Power surges through his body consequently as he dips his head and body further into the water, relaxing gently and easing softly into the fluidity.

Corin much preferred the sea over land. Although the land above had much to offer that the sea couldn't; the feeling of the raging sun against their back, the windy air of the breeze, the soft grass rooted deeply into the soil, numerous flowers and trees that linger above, and the unmistakably incredible — and somewhat strange — people of Middle Earth, Corin would forever favor his home, for it had its own beauty; the rooted floras surviving through the water's wrath, colorful and bright with the glisten of the water, the countless creatures remaining a mystery, and the marvelous display of the golden Atlantis. 

Atlantis. The home in which he grew up in, the home in which he serves in, the home in which he experienced the best things that could ever happen to him. The home in which he had the luxury of befriending Neptune Prince and Vera Roman, finding a new family within the Kingdom, something that he wasn't able to have the indulgence of during his childhood after the horrid circumstances in the early years of Atlantis' civilization. Abandoned and left at the doorsteps of the Atlantan doorsteps as an infant, left to the hands of the guards and becoming a personal problem to Marella — at least, in his own mind — and then brought up to be part of the Kingsguard without any clue of his relation and ancestry.

Despite Queen Marella's reassurances that he was far from a burden and more of another son, her recent attitude towards him brought him to think differently, noticing the way that at some point of their relationship and at some point in time, Marella turned cold and resentful towards him. He never held it against her, though, having been in a relationship with Vera during that time and stemmed her dislike for him for that very reason. Over the years, he's grown to ignore the hurt brought upon him by the Queen, who had mistakenly led him onto believing that she could be a family for him.

Because of that very reason, he found another family; Vera, a dear friend who has grown close to being called sister — despite their strange past — and Neptune, a brother and a true friend that he would learn to appreciate for the rest of his life, remembering the countless times in which he saved Corin's arse. Their relationships with one another were deeper and more significant than they would ever grasp which only makes him fear for his family much more.