lxxxix. just before the end

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬
❝ 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

BY THE TIME THEY REACHED THE encampment, Vera had come to terms with her final decision

BY THE TIME THEY REACHED THE encampment, Vera had come to terms with her final decision. The long journey in which they took in order to reach Dunharrow had provided her enough time and silence and thought to be able to think properly but also enjoy the freeness of their surroundings. She had taken turns riding with Merry and Èomer, occasionally exploring the fields at fast paces and following the guided pathway to amount to Dunharrow. Albeit Vera wasn't entirely happy with her decision but she knew what she needed to do.

All she has to do now is tell Legolas.

A task that proves to be strangely more difficult than she thought.

They have been playing a shy game of 'hide and go seek' which is incredibly unbelievable to Vera — and frustrating! They have been in bed together, she is literally pregnant with his child, and yet she cannot go up to him and ask to speak with him?! Vera is starting to grow tired of herself and the constant mood swings she is facing...which she blames entirely on the hormones and the baby growing in her womb.

On the other hand, Vera wonders why Legolas does not approach her. Surely, he must have come to a decision as well, considering the time they have had to think about it. So, if he has also come to a conclusion about the situation presented in front of them, then could he not address her? But the irrational mermaid reminds herself that if she herself could not advance him then how could she expect him to do the same? The prospect is ugly but Vera forces herself to think rationally.

Vera had been inconspicuously looking into their faer bond to determine his mood and if he is alright generally, and he seemed to be closed off from her — still there, but closed off. Vera knows she is the same because her guard is on, even more so now that she is pregnant...almost unconsciously, she is attempting to protect her child's growing feä.

Nevertheless, Vera is determined to get her point across and to inform him of her final choice before it is too late for the both of them, therefore she attempts to plan out how she is going to address the circumstance and talk to Legolas. Their arrival at Dunharrow gives Vera a good opportunity, especially since they will most likely be sharing a tent.

When they arrive at the encampment, the large field is already overflowing with tents and soldiers from the different corners of Rohan. Rohirrim all prepare for the battle ahead of them, shouting to one another about weaponry of all sorts and various smithies are available for weapon sharpening. Vera feels herself smile at the sight in front of her; soldiers and warriors readying for a war they necessarily did not have to fight for, but there nonetheless...admittedly, the sight of horses also adds to her happiness.