lxv. to the death

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬
❝ 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

AS NIGHTFALL DESCENDS ON THE THREE armies on Helm's Deep, the atmosphere around them grows more timid and tentative

AS NIGHTFALL DESCENDS ON THE THREE armies on Helm's Deep, the atmosphere around them grows more timid and tentative. The cold, wintry air starts to slither in from the mountain top, reacting with the tense wind in the Rohirrim stronghold, and causing a rigid climate around the surroundings. The moon is blanketed by the greying clouds, creating a dark and obscure welkin above. The three armies stand positioned on the fierce stronghold, intertwined with the mighty mountains behind it, and quaintly reminding the King and the many monarchs that there is no other escape if the army entered the causeway and through the entrance, which could ultimately lead to the end of Rohan and its peoples. It is because of that very reason that three armies unite against one great foe.

At the farthest position of the large Keep, the elves of Lothlòrien graciously provided from Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn — which mainly did come from Lord Elrond and his care for Aragorn and Vera, as well as the welfare of Middle Earth — stand in an intricate and strategic pattern with no expression under the hood of their helmets, positioned to wait for the enormous army of Uruk-hai and to fight alongside Men and Merfolk alike. Aragorn is located at the same position those Lothlòrien elves lie, and Vera is acutely aware of Legolas and Gimli a few paces down from the Ranger, along with Haldir. Just behind the portion of elves and on the lower grounds of Helm's Deep, another group of elves mastered in the arts of archery are positioned, ready to attack and make the last defenses if those on the outer walls cannot prevail.

Besides the lower group of Lothlòrien soldiers are the Merfolk's own bowmasters, stationed just behind its Queen with a general as their leader and commander for the battle, located there with the same very purpose as their counterparts. Up ahead, and right next to the army of elves, is Queen Vera's army of Merfolk warriors, all trained and skilled exceptionally in the arts of war and survival. The large battalion is split into two as Corin, the second-in-command, and another fellow general, and Vera, the High Queen and main leader of the company, station themselves at the outer walls of the extended battlements of Helm's Deep, overlooking the wide plains below them as Helm's Deep itself stands strong alongside the armies. The brunette Queen locates herself at the front lines, positioned beside Corin as they talk quietly among themselves.

Helm's Deep, the great and withstanding stronghold, remains tall and imposing as it towers over the grounds below. King Thèoden and his men — all made of actual soldiers, worn-old men, and inexperienced children — are positioned at the remaining standpoints of Helm's Deep, now hopeful and braver with the previous speech of the younger Queen and the support of two, mighty forces of equally great warriors. The other half of Vera's army stands in the last placements, readily defending the stronghold as the last chance for the people and serving as protection and security towards the Rohirrim from the gathering Uruk army. Further into the walls of Helm's Deep and into the glittering caves of mountains, women and children alike wait in the dark as the fearful calm before the plummet arrives. Another secluded group stands guard over the cave, serving as the last protection for Rohan.