ii. a scroll of a quest

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶
❝ 𝒂 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

TWO WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE VERA and her mother's argument

TWO WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE VERA and her mother's argument. Two weeks have passed since Vera was forced under house arrest by Marella, and locked in her own chambers for the remaining weeks of the Fading Season.

Vera bets it's already mid-fading, judging by the slight change in temperature in the water. She sits on the cushioned pillow on the floor, moping depressingly at the limited space she had in her room. It would've been childish and bratty of Vera to kick and scream and complain  — though, she admits that she did partake in that habit several times. No one is allowed to see her except for the queen and various other servants who had no use for Vera's escape. So, she did what every mature princess and lady would do; she moped.

The stubborn princess had been so appalled at her mother after she ordered her own daughter's house arrest that she never fought back, and every time her mother walked through the halls of her chamber, she would be met with livid glares and spiteful phrases from Vera, but it all diminished into nothing.

Currently, Vera sits on the same spot since her ground, that places itself on the balcony set out. Her eyes of dull misery scoured the Great city of Gold below her as she tries to count the number of merfolk moving about the crowds spaciously. It is pathetic, in Vera's mind, that she resorts to such extremes to cure her boredom and to please her sanity; counting the figures of her people below.

Vera is sure that if she becomes queen, she would have to thank her subjects for helping her through the most dreary and miserable experience of her life. Sighing distractedly, she plays with a strand of her hair, inspecting the slight highlight in them. They were entirety so hidden, that someone would have to inspect her head for days to see them, which was something Vera had done in her past few asylum days.

Just as Vera is about to go back to her thirteenth nap that week, the doors of her bedroom burst open obnoxiously. In a rush, she appears in front of the intruder with a bored gaze. But that soon turns to annoyance as she grumbles at the presence that enters with no regard to her privacy. "Of all the people in this palace, they send me you!" she exclaims exasperatedly.

"Please, dear Sister," her brother grumbles. "Do continue your praises, it does me well."

Vera glares back in return. "What do you want? Are you going to join me in this glorious prison or have you come to rescue me from it? Though, I doubt that's the case. You are too stuck up mother's arse to do anything for your poor sister."