lxx. the awakening

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀
❝ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE RISING, GOLDEN SUN SHINING DOWN on the people of Rohan and the destroyed stronghold of Helm's Deep does nothing for the suffocatingly horrid stench of the Healing Halls as another dead body is carried out of the large Hall and into the lower g...

THE RISING, GOLDEN SUN SHINING DOWN on the people of Rohan and the destroyed stronghold of Helm's Deep does nothing for the suffocatingly horrid stench of the Healing Halls as another dead body is carried out of the large Hall and into the lower grounds of Helm's Deep. The glittering stars from the previous blanket of the night sky covered around the earth are now replaced with the clear, baby blue welkin with the bright, gleaming sun winking down at the free peoples of Middle Earth, cloudless and completely transparent. With the darkness wrapped around them vanishing into the horizon only to appear a few hours later, the new illuminance spreading through the land of Middle Earth finally reveals the difference in structure and layout of Helm's Deep. 

The once towering stronghold is half-destroyed and half-beaten, and nowhere near close to being fixed from the wreckage caused upon it by the dark powers of Saruman. The solid, mighty walls that were once intimidatingly tall are now half-broken, one half being completely destroyed which left a gap in the large stone structure and the other half threatening to completely fall down. Several Uruks still litter the ground in a mass of black blood and disfigured corpses meant to cause the people of Rohan terror in their stomach but the remaining soldiers continue to haul the dead bodies off to the tomb, where they could rot like nothing but bare bodies filled with emptiness and pure evil. The puddles that have not been used by Vera and still remain despite the heat emitting from the sun are quickly evaporating, adding more warmth to the atmosphere around them. Blood can be seen smeared on the walls...hauntingly. 

The people of Rohan are incredibly busy that day. They would be leaving the insufferable stronghold in a few days time after gathering information about their health, wellbeing, welfare, and their provisions. They needed to be sure that their food and other belongings are still intact after the battle, along with any more estates belonging to the traditional families of Rohan for the journey home; they couldn't leave the Keep without the assurance that everything would still be the same, despite their longing desire to leave the place as soon as possible. But they couldn't do anything at the moment as they needed to tie up any loose ends. Nonetheless, the people of Rohan — women, men, and children alike from different races and different dominions — and those who fought in the wars contribute to the welfare of the stone stronghold. 

Well, those who are able anyway.

There are a few number of people who cannot contribute because of their health and failing recovery, meaning that they are mostly cooped inside the Healing Halls by the furthest corridor, being tended to by the helpful healers of Rohan, occasionally accepting the help of a merfolk or an elf. While the world of Men is somewhat aware of the existence of elves — despite never seeing them during their lifetimes — both races are not at all familiar with the new confession about the existence of another race entirely, nevertheless sea creatures who were used as storybook characters for their children. Thèoden saw this as a great opportunity to learn more about their new allies after making a deal with his relative about their safety, along with the rest of his people who are growing rather accustomed to the new creatures, even making friends after learning they aren't that different from the other mystical races of Middle Earth.