lxxvii. the darkness seeps in

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒊𝒏 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE NIGHT SKY OF EDORAS GLEAMS down at Vera as the luminance enlightens her ethereal face

THE NIGHT SKY OF EDORAS GLEAMS down at Vera as the luminance enlightens her ethereal face. Her sharp features glow like a radiant angel in the moonlight as the soft, translucent rays hit her peaceful visage. Everything around her is dark as the black sky covered her surroundings, making her the only light in the shadowed world. Her hair seems to be more full and murky against the fairness of her smooth skin. Her rosy lips with matching pink cheeks bring more color to the paleness, only adding more to her beauty. Legolas always likes how Vera looks when under the glare of the moonlight as she appears the most relaxed and effortlessly sublime. He recalls a time like this where the same woman had stood under the moonlight, the same air of elegance surrounding her, and they had confessed their feelings to one another. 

That night isn't so different from the current dawn. 

He is standing a little ways behind her, his presence remaining a secret to her mind as she basks in the loneliness of the night. He had approached her rather quietly, hoping not to alert her, and stopped just a few feet away to give her more time alone. And, admittedly, he wanted to revere at her graceful beauty in the night sky as the twinkling stars wink down at her, contrasting greatly against the blackness of the sky. He always liked the stars, ever since his mother had pointed out the allure of it when he was just an elfling. They reminded him of home, and when he would stay out at the late-night just to gaze upon them in thought, perhaps in remembrance to his grandfather or the many fallen friends he has encountered. But as he stared up at it that night, he didn't want to think about the fallen soldiers of Middle Earth. No, he wanted to cherish the elegance of seeing his beloved under the moon's gaze. 

So, the couple stood in the silence of the shadowed night, merely stuck in their own thoughts.

The night had ended long ago. It was on full blast just a few moments before the initial end, and the duo had ultimately decided to stay with one another for the rest of their dance. Legolas truly did miss Vera and after everything they have gone through, he didn't want to leave her side. Vera didn't argue much with his reasoning as she had also missed him since she fell into consciousness. She would never voice it aloud but when she was able to think for a moment in her unceremonious hellhole, she would only let herself think about Legolas as the glory of his presence wrapped around her during one point in her timeline. They both missed one another, and it is evidently shown in the conversations they uphold as they danced the night away, stuck in one another's companionship as the world around them fades away slowly.