lxxxvi. a cry for help

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿
❝ 𝒂 𝒄𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

SOONER RATHER THAN LATER, THE FIRES of their supper die down, and the flame of their joy eventually follows

SOONER RATHER THAN LATER, THE FIRES of their supper die down, and the flame of their joy eventually follows. The sounds of laughter soon dwindles to softer chuckles of drunken men, the smell of food and wine blend in with the winds as they are whisked away from them, the fires diminished to smaller flames, and little by little, the crowd thinned.

Miraculously, Èmiliya and Edmund just so happened to be one of the last people to leave from the large amount of Rohirrim invited. Thèoden and Trewyn retired to the Main Hall first, Thèoden offering to aid Trewyn when the woman undergoes a dizzy phase. A few moments later, Aldwin had been requested to join the elderly in order to check up on Trewyn and bring her home — apparently, Trewyn was just experiencing dizzy spells due to the lack of connection...Corin suspects it has something to do with the mermaid tears.

Vera reckons he's right. Mermaid tears are incredibly powerful; a drop too much and one could deteriorate in a matter of seconds.

Gradually, the night began to blend into earlier hours of the morning as the night passes them by very soon. Gimli and Grimmund, after a long drinking game, are passed out on the table with their heads stitched together and their hair braided with one another — which is the work of a very bored Edmund and Èmiliya, as their guardian was too busy flirting with Princess Hope to notice the two other children.

Èowyn and Èomer were then left to take care of the dinner table and festivities as Hope requested that Vera did as few tasks as she possibly could. Vera hadn't been so happy about that but her presence was quite necessary; Legolas was one stroke away from confronting Henry and telling him to back off her sister. She had enlisted Edgar's help in ensuring that Legolas doesn't do anything he shouldn't before Èowyn requested her presence later on.

The brunette mermaid is carefully folding the clothed napkins into their compartments under Èowyn's strong appeal. She ignores everyone else around her and tries to focus on the patterns of her napkins, her ears tuning in every now and then to ensure that Legolas hasn't murdered Hope and Henry, who would need to entertain the two children at one point. Vera worriedly brings her head up, attempting to find the two children to see if they are causing mischief.

She finds them...slowly slipping something they found in the tall grasses into Gimli's ear and Grimmund's hair.

Vera takes that as her cue to stop the tasks, having enough of the short list of duties she did. As the days go by, her fatigue and exhaustion catch up to her, and Vera worries about what it may do when she is needed for battle. The thought hasn't really crossed her mind at all, as Vera never allowed herself to think about that. The symptoms of a pregnant mermaid on land is already hard — the symptoms of pregnancy itself is difficult to deal with — but what now that she has an elf-mermaid hybrid in her stomach? During a darkened war?