lxvi. battle of helm's deep

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿
❝ 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒎'𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

EVERYONE SAW THE EXPLOSION

EVERYONE SAW THE EXPLOSION. FROM THE higher walls of Helm's Deep and the people having the misfortune of being in that area, everyone who wasn't involved with the horrid detonation by the fault of the Uruk-hai watched the stone walls split in two, the middle portion destroyed completely as rubble and large sizes of stone fly through the air and causes a mild panic. Several elves and merfolk face the peril, either falling to their death or consciousness at the other side of the wall or landing at the Uruk's side of the field, having been thrown with the extra rubble. Those who had the chance of evading the blast were rendered vulnerable and conscious on the walls of the battlement, making it easier for the Uruk to attack if not for their own turmoils. 

The elven side of the army watched as their own and their allies landed on either side of the walls, falling to their death or merely being rendered unconscious. Legolas and Gimli, who had been fighting their own battles before the explosion, stagger to their feet and collects themselves, attempting to find their senses and search for their friends. They have seen the Ranger and their Mermaid Queen fighting where the wall was supposed to be and panicked slightly after seeing them gone and the wall vanished into nothing but debris. Legolas momentarily has a fit, alarmingly picking himself up and searching for Vera as an Uruk comes at him unhesitantly, occupying his time for a moment as he attempts to wade away. 

Meanwhile, Corin thrashes through his opponents and slices through them thoroughly, attempting to reach his friend on the lower grounds from his far location as he experienced the feeling of seeing his friend and his Queen fly from the wall and thrown to the grounds below, unconscious and vulnerable to attack. He had never felt fear like the fear he felt at that moment as he prayed to the Valar that he would make it to her in time...before something bad happens to their only ruling monarch. Neptune, positioned at the walls of Helm's Deep, watched the explosion with wide eyes and fear to strike his heart. He could sense the sudden despair his army hold as they peril for their Queen. He needed to get to her...he needed to see if she was okay. 

Elfswith and Aldwin, both watching by their stations, could feel the same fear in their hearts as they searched for their golden miracle through the weaves of dead bodies and Uruk-hai. Seeing the wall explode brought them all fear and unease — the Uruk-hai had found a way to enter through their stronghold, breaching the wall, and destroying it like it was nothing — as the moment of their roles in this battle arrives in the form of a mighty blast. They share a worried glance with one another before facing the main stand as Thèoden and Grimmund stare at the open wall with evident horror. Grimmund looked rather angry by Thèoden's dismissal towards it, knowing that his cousin was out there. Edgar was the only one holding him back from leaving and searching for Vera himself.