xlv. what happens now?

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬
❝ 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘? ❞

𝒓 𝒂 𝒅 𝒆 𝒔 𝒐 𝒎 𝒏 𝒉 𝒊 𝒍

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

STILL DRESSED IN HER CORSET AND nothing more, Vera stands with a somber and dazed expressions by the boulder next to her and the pond laying out nicely in front, where her eyes now stay set on with an absent look hidden beneath her hazel eyes

STILL DRESSED IN HER CORSET AND nothing more, Vera stands with a somber and dazed expressions by the boulder next to her and the pond laying out nicely in front, where her eyes now stay set on with an absent look hidden beneath her hazel eyes. It has been a few hours since Marella's departure and Vera had done the most she could do in her little discovery of a sanctuary in an attempt to stall on the inevitable meeting she would have to endure later on as a promise to her Mother's words. The early hours of the night have been passed during her activities and it now lays in the middle, a few hours before sunrise.

She could tell that Legolas is patrolling their area and keeping guard in front of their entrance by the bow sticking out of a shadowed figure standing farther away from her. She could guess that Gandalf had warned Legolas into letting her remain in her domain for a period of time until she was ready to return and with the thought, she sent a silent thank you to Gandalf. The fire in the depths of their refuge is slowly dwindling away, having been a roaring mess of flames and embers, and now diminishes into nothingness as the cold hits.

Vera had ultimately promised herself that she would retire to the cavern once the fire completely disappears. Then, it had been as lively as the forest around them, which gave Vera enough time to stall and find things to do in her haven that could clear her mind and prepare herself for the confrontation later that night. So Vera was quick to remove all her clothing once ensuring that she was completely alone and proceeded to swiftly delve into the pond with a grace and smooth beginning. She had settled in rather quickly, feeling the familiar form of her silver-blue tail erupting and merging her legs together.

However, she found that it was not enough. Although she did start feeling better and much more spirited than the last few days of their journey due to the warmth and homey feeling brought tp her by the water, Vera's head remained unclear and scattered in a wired mess of thoughts leading to complete nothingness. Vera was even appalled to find herself thinking about Saruman during her thinking process regarding Legolas and entirely the ElvenPrince. Therefore, after hours of sitting in one spot and swimming aimlessly around the clear, fluid pond, Vera had taken ownership of the rock once more, fully dressed and completely dry.

For a while, she was a mess of nervous thoughts and bloody lips — a result of her apprehensive thinking and brutal coping mechanism — as she glanced from the ground to their shelter, eyeing the shadows of the fire start to slowly diminish into the night and the settled figure of Legolas keeping watch over their surroundings. Vera was reassured to know that Legolas could not see her in her most vulnerable state as the pond was too far for his keen eyes to see and rather well hidden beneath the eaves of the trees.