lxxvi. hail !

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿
❝ 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒍 ! ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE CELEBRATION DIDN'T START UNTIL LATE at night

After Neptune's embarrassing moment that night, Legolas had been confused about what to do for a moment before ultimately deciding to help his friend — ish — up and on a chair until he awoke. The man didn't wake up the whole time that Legolas assisted him onto a chair, merely giggling and slurring through dazed words half-asleep. This would be the second time that Legolas had helped Neptune in his drunken state but he had a feeling that this wouldn't be the last, considering he had just blurted out his desire to spend the rest of his life with Neptune's sister. He didn't realize he had said it but the elf knew that he meant it wholeheartedly; he really did want to spend the rest of his life with Vera, and she may have not known it but by the way that her spirit hummed with his through the healer's bond at the mention of his words, he knew that she wanted it too.

They have yet to actually talk about, seeing as Neptune had interrupted their conversation before he could actually articulate words that are not pure stammering and confused excuses. Vera didn't seem that upset that the conversation ended, anyway, as she had quickly departed from the trio of her mortifying brother and her confused beloved, leaving said beloved to experience the hardships of having a drunk mermaid in his hands. As Legolas looks at her now, he notices that she is laughing happily with Corin as they started to greet the many guests and people of Rohan passing through the entrance. They are situated at the doorway, ready to greet anyone that passed through those doors while holding small conversations among themselves. Sometimes, some of Vera's subjects would pass by and greet their Queen with praise and delight over her recovery. 

Vera didn't want to admit it — and she would never say it aloud — but Neptune is practically nothing compared to the other drunken mermaids that Vera has encountered under the sea. She didn't know if it was because the intakes are different or if their systems just don't work the same as the other free races of Middle Earth but she knew that she definitely didn't want to get drunk. 

But it was sometimes inevitable.

As the people of Rohan slowly crowd the room with the passing of the moon at the sky, the last-minute preparations have been sorted out and organized by the graceful hand of the organized Mother Èowyn and Grandmother Trewyn, who had been stuck with the overstressing task after being assigned by Thèoden in the hopes that she would move away from Elfswith's side and have some time for herself, followed by the supporting argument that he wouldn't have wanted her to live so lifelessly. The two women are now standing with one another, drinks in hand as they conversed among themselves. To their right stood Aldwin overlooking the number of guests and to their far left, nearer to the middle of the room, Gandalf and Hope were talking too.