lxxiv. victorious rejoice

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹
❝ 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE LIFELESS EYES OF SARUMAN STARING back at Vera seemed to bring her some sort of sick happiness, despite how malicious it seemed — and horribly twisted

But who could blame the woman? This is the same wizard who practically tormented her people and caused the deaths of the free people of Middle Earth, making it very hard not to kill him herself. He had sabotaged every plot made to stop the darkness from spreading through the world, reaching every corner of Middle Earth. Additionally, Saruman had brought her supposed dead step-father into his plans and had killed her biological father in turn. Evian and the many prisoners under the ocean have been influenced by Saruman and so has her distant cousin Thèoden, poisoning the land of Edoras. She had been rid of the prospect of knowing her father and robbed of the chance of being raised alongside her human family. Of course, she had Neptune, but it just wasn't the same.

So, it was only normal for Vera to feel some sort of twisted satisfaction at seeing Saruman dead.

Despite this, the feeling of another dead person didn't bring her as much joy as before. There is already a large number of people who have sacrificed everything for the sake of a brighter future but even with the death of the wizard who cooperated with the Dark Lord to overthrow the light, there is still another body count added to the growing list. His paling skin is a sick reminder that there are already so many lives that are lost. His limp form stays unmoving as the blood begins to soak his white, pearly robes. The dark light in his eyes is beginning to wash away into something completely soulless and sullen. Vera could slowly feel the darkness lingering around the area starting to diminish within the waters.

She tries to remind herself that people die every day and it is a natural thing but she often wonders if they even deserve it. There are many people who had a better life and an even brighter future...and it was all gone because of Saruman and his accomplice. There is still justice in his death, and there is certainly a brighter reason behind his death. Vera feels somewhat better about her pleasant feelings towards his death and the sickening shiver than ran down her spine, easily masking her inner feelings with an expressionless face. Her eyes are slightly widened as she glances at the dead body impaled by the strange, wheel...thing. Her breathing has stopped short and she could feel the tingles running through her body.

She certainly didn't expect that.

The group is silent for a moment as they all try to comprehend what has happened. It seems like forever has passed by the time that someone breaks the silence after Hope had let her statement out. She felt Merry tense in front of her as the realization of what happened settled in his mind. It was Hope who shook herself from the silent state, speaking up once more and continuing from where she left off as she glanced between the members of the group. "So...he deserves that, right?" Hope asks, her voice seemingly innocent as she dodges the glare thrown at her from her dear elven brother. Vera stifles a small smile at the statement; this woman seems to be bringing more light to their lives than previous months. "What? Sorry..." she mumbles after catching the looks thrown at her.