xxviii. departure from the elves

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
❝ 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

FOR A WHILE, VERA FELT SORROW worry, and hints of happiness

FOR A WHILE, VERA FELT SORROW worry, and hints of happiness. Her energy, for most of her days, was spent worrying about the Hobbits or the predicament at home. When Gandalf fell to his doom, Vera's negative emotions heightened, with the addition of a new feeling: sorrow. It didn't seem to stop, stretching out for days until she snapped. Her feä has been through a lot since the start of their journey and she has a feeling it isn't going to stop.

The arrival at Lothlórien did so little for her heart, mind, and spirit. Thankfully, it managed to stop the aching in her chest temporarily, with the grace of the elves. It aided her feä in becoming whole and light again, healing it from its past heartbreak. Vera didn't quite like the lack of happiness in her recent days but she adapted quickly with it, learning to take comfort in her friends.

However, her short-lived serenity is cut short after a meeting with her mother. News that their home is in ruins and is under war by the betrayal of a trusted member of their high court, Vera finds herself angered by the whole ordeal. It didn't help that her mother is partly the reason why their kingdom is overrun by traitors now, because of her personal reasons getting in the way of politics. Vera's fury didn't stop, however, when her mother had informed her of Evian Decourt taking her crown and her kingdom, condemning her people to hell, and removing her family from their birthrights.

Vera doesn't let her anger blind her, for her determination to succeed in their journey of stopping the evil outweighs her need to grab the throne. Vera knows that her visit to the sea will be arranged soon but her promise to Frodo stops her from acting impulsively. For now, she would have to keep her mind clear and her emotions out of the way.

After the witnessed encounter between her mother, her friends, and herself, she stormed off with no regrets and retreated to her room. She hasn't seen her mother since the meeting at the river and Vera didn't dwell very much on her wellbeing.

Vera stands beside Merry and Pippin, suiting them up as they settle along the shorelines of Lothlórien's Silverlode Shores. As a consequence of being baited out of her chambers, Vera was forced to endure a meeting with the elven monarchs which she didn't object to.

"How've you been, grown woman?" Pippin asks, cheerily swinging his arm at the princess.

She raises her eyebrows. "Um, I'm doing good, child-man," she answers, her tone a little confused.

Merry rolls his eyes. "I've got to say, that speech you gave your Mother blew me away. I've never seen you so...queenly," he compliments. Vera hides a smile, moving her head to fix Merry's attire. She didn't mean to seem so uptight and proper in front of her friends, but matters have actions, and she had another side to her that many of her friends haven't seen.