xii. damsel in distress

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑽𝑬
❝ 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒔𝒆𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

NEPTUNE PRINCE WAS NOT HAPPY with his sleeping accommodations that night

NEPTUNE PRINCE WAS NOT HAPPY with his sleeping accommodations that night. Though he brought it upon himself, he thought it unnecessary for his sister to plop him on the ground and give him nothing but a single pillow and a thin blanket for his rude — but untrue — comment about her weight. In his defense, she did start it by calling him a 'heavy oaf.' He deemed it incredulous through most of the night, muttering to himself about the cobblestone in his back. The stone resulted in a mass ache in his body that reigned hell on him in the morning.

Neptune was definitely not content with his sister's doings but didn't bother leaving his sister, knowing she needed his support. So, with nothing else to do, the royal prince formulated a plan on the hard ground, against his peacefully asleep sister.

By sunrise that morning, Neptune is already awake and ready to initiate his deceitful plan. Sneaking around the room quietly is probably the easiest thing he has done in his entire life, for his dear sister sleeps like the dead. It rattled him sometimes, to think that if anything were to happen to him or anyone around her, she wouldn't even be awake to witness it or to stop it.

With everything set and ready to go, Neptune grins mischievously at his sister's sleeping form. He watches as her chest rises up and down with the gentle breaths of her tranquil rest and he takes a moment to appreciate her unaware innocence, hoping she is dreaming of the best dreams ever before his plan takes place. A shit-eating smile covers his face as he readies his mischief to his unknowing sister.

Just as he picks the object up that could result in his head being lost, he is stopped abruptly by a voice in the doorway. "What are you doing?"

Shushing the childlike shadow by the doorway loudly, he glares at the disturbance and pounces on him confidentially. "Pippin! What are you doing here?"

The Hobbit looks behind him to peer at Vera, then the naughty object in her brother's hands. Piecing the puzzle together, a quick grin plants itself on Pippin's face. "Lord Elrond told me to call Vera for the council meeting. Apparently, it is starting quite soon and you both are needed."

Disappointingly, Neptune pouts at the item in his hand. "Well, there goes my fun."

Pippin interjects with a smile, "Actually...Elrond wants you both to come presentably, especially Princess Vera since she is...the representative for whatever it is." He walks into the room nonchalantly, ignoring the questioning eyes from Neptune. "Don't you think the princess needs to have a head start with her shower?" he finishes impishly.