xxvii. river of sorrow

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE PAVILION THAT THE LOTHLÓRIEN ELVES provided for the Fellowship to take ownership of is separated from the rest of Calas Galadon but still just as magnificent as the rest

THE PAVILION THAT THE LOTHLÓRIEN ELVES provided for the Fellowship to take ownership of is separated from the rest of Calas Galadon but still just as magnificent as the rest. Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn has graciously given the important members of Middle-Earth the needed supplies and space for the night. Vera had been given an independent sleeping quarter for Lady Galadriel wanted the woman and noble princess of the sea to have her own privacy, much to the rest of her friends' dissatisfactory.

However, even with her detached suite, Vera mostly spends her time with her friends, more comfortable to be with them than be alone in her apartment. During their journey to Celeborn's chamber and to Calas Galadon, Vera didn't realize the day around them has reached nightfall. It seemed that time went by faster than Vera would've liked, another day has passed in which many are suffering still.

Vera, after getting herself freshened up, sits atop of Legolas' bed, picking on her braid and plucking flowers to insert between her strands. The Hobbits sit amongst the canopies, taking advantage of the hospitality of the Lothlórien elves. Gimli has drifted off to sleep, snoring loudly in the chamber. Vera severely worries for her friend; she didn't want any flies coming into his mouth. Legolas stands outside of their accommodation, looking out at the familiar surroundings around him, which is why Vera occupies his bed.

The mermaid notes that Aragorn and Boromir appear to be missing but doesn't set out to search for them. She just hoped they wouldn't kill each other while away from the rest of the Fellowship.

A fountain lies in the middle, setting in nicely with its background and bringing more grace in. Leftover food and water are scattered amongst the platform given to them by the graceful hand of Lord Celeborn. Lady Galadriel has also arranged for Vera's things to be brought in with the help of some ellith and a handful of gowns to give thanks to the monarch.

Suddenly, Vera is distracted from her hairstyling to the mournful singing that drifts along the woods of the City of Galadhrim. She sits up straighter. She didn't quite understand what they are saying for they spoke in their own native tongue and for once, Vera couldn't seem to guess what is happening so she turns her head to gaze curiously at Legolas. He meets her eyes before looking at the trees with sadness and answers, "A lament for Gandalf..."

The mermaid bites her lip, glancing worriedly around the tent towards her Hobbit friends, seeing some them staring into nowhere with a thought about their fallen friend while some choose to remain present. She, herself, wasn't at her right mind with all the mention of the late wizard, only pushing her previous grief deeper. Thankfully, Lothlórien is a spirited dominion, giving Vera the right chance she needs to stop her mourning for a while and let her own feä heal from the wounds and sadness of the past.