.epilogue

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA REMEMBERS THE FIRST TIME she saw the Hobbits

She had been with Arwen, who she misses with her heart dearly, racing through the corridors of Rivendell after Vera lost her temper with Lord Elrond. Arwen brought her to the balcony in which the Hobbits, bar Frodo, remained that afternoon.

Vera was in awe of the view, naturally, and when she landed eyes on the Hobbits, the situation grabbed humor. Initially believing them as children, you could imagine Vera's shock when she realized they were not. In fact, she was so aghast, that the Queen — then princess — fainted.

Ever since then, Pippin and Merry have made a bet with the mermaid to do everything in their power to make her faint again, after she had promised it would never happen. Of course, because the war has gotten in the way of that, but the war was done.

Over.

History.

The few mornings after the official end of the war that has been going on for so long, the entire country and its inhabitants have either been resting or repairing. Already, Gondor seems to be returning to its former glory before the darkness of Mordor's forces touched it. The white structure is slowly, but surely, being reconstructed and reorganized to the way it should be.

Vera, personally, slept for a good amount of time. She slept the longest she has ever slept since the beginning of the journey she endured, going in and out throughout the days, with Legolas by her side. They would stay snuggled in the warm room in their assigned room, either lying by the fire on a rug or in their comfortable bed. So, it was some sort of sabbatical.

Later, though, Vera would often get bored so she'd sneak out of her room to help with the restoration with Gondor as much as she could. After all, the mermaid herself was still resting and giving a break to her catastrophic mind. Legolas could not stop his wife from doing what she wanted because 1) she is as stubborn as a bull and 2) he had work to do anyway.

However, on this special occasion, the warrior couple was granted a hiatus from their hard work, as blessed news arrived that morning for a fair majority of the group. Legolas and Vera were called, rather unceremoniously, by Pippin and Merry to the nurses' homes. Confused but obedient, they were quick to follow, considering the excited exclamations from the Hobbits. Albeit, Vera could not understand a word, she was happy.

It was only when Aragorn informed them just outside the large structure that Frodo is awake. Immediately, Vera was untangling herself from Legolas and dashing up the stairs and to his appointed room. She had a plan to dive right in and assault the Hobbit with a tirade of embraces but Vera halted in the doorway.