lxiv. rain in the fires

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹
❝ 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE BRUNETTE MERMAID HAS NEVER FELT so relieved to see her brother in her entire life

THE BRUNETTE MERMAID HAS NEVER FELT so relieved to see her brother in her entire life. Sure, she was entirely appeased whenever her brother saved her from her mother's anger but seeing him in his true state, with a stronger army behind his back and a sword in hand, pure determination and courage in his lionheart, made Vera feel more than just relieved. She felt like she could properly relax if not for the incoming army of Uruk-hai coming for her people and for the Rohirrim alike but she knew better. If she were to make the mistake of relaxing as if nothing was happening then she would find a blade in front of her face before she could even say the word 'sword'. Still, Neptune's appearance eases the tensions on Vera's shoulders.

Despite the pressures being relieved off her shoulders, Vera could still feel the impending doom inside her creeping forward to wash over the horrors in her mind, adding more fuel to her ever-growing fire. She is a Queen, and not only the Queen of one nation but a Queen to the entire ocean and sea of Arda. She is the High Queen, the Grand Queen...the sole ruler of the entire sea. And now, she was willing to sacrifice her people for the past...for the Rohirrim, who of which did not know of her kin's existence until she had arrived and made it known. She was willing to sacrifice her people for her father's legacy and the other half of her kin. It had always been like that in Vera's mind when she ordered Corin and Neptune to gather her army for the wound of her father's death was raw and it seemed right. But now, she could feel the guilt clawing at her insides.

At least, she thought it was the guilt.

So, in her efforts of avoiding the well-awaited speech-making, Vera had turned to Neptune and Corin to face the confrontation of their reunited union. With her spirit blossoming happily with the enlightened arrival of her people, Vera had ignored Thèoden's conversation with Haldir about battle assistance and collided with Neptune without a second thought. He had embraced her just as quickly, lifting her off her feet and ignoring the collision of their heavy armor, while the mermaid emitted a squeal of excitement. Laughing adoringly and smiling widely at one another, Vera had been quick to inform Neptune of her previous endeavors before her attention was brought to another figure approaching her.

Just as she had with her brother, Vera had swiftly detangled herself from Neptune to encircle her arms around Corin, ignoring the grunt he emitted from her impact before feeling his laugh echo in her ears and his hands' snake around her waist. Soon enough, she had been fully welcomed and greeted with Neptune and Corin before moving to introduce herself to Haldir once again, having remembered him from her journey to Lothlòrien and the small amount of time they spent there while her family relatives reacquainted themselves with Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas. She could distinctly hear Corin cheering at Gimli, relieved to be reunited with his friend while Legolas, Aragorn, and Neptune had a quiet conversation — about her.