xxxvii. a trace of hope

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

IT HAS BEEN THREE DAYS SINCE the group was ambushed by numerous Uruk-hai, only to evade death by slaughtering them all and gaining the correct information to establish Atlantis' safety, bringing out Vera's full plan in obtaining her rightful thron...

IT HAS BEEN THREE DAYS SINCE the group was ambushed by numerous Uruk-hai, only to evade death by slaughtering them all and gaining the correct information to establish Atlantis' safety, bringing out Vera's full plan in obtaining her rightful throne back and releasing her emotions once again in the process, tired of grieving and sulking about uselessly. It has been three days since the five-membered group departed from the woods in search of two halflings and following the carelessly left trail of Uruk-hai carrying the said Hobbits.

And it has been three days since they got any rest or sleep.

Vera didn't particularly mind the loss of sleep and lack of rest — much to Corin's utter astonishment towards the statement uttered by Vera during their traversing — as her body seemed to run on its own reusable energy, providing her system with enough strength to run for days without effortlessly growing exhausted. Legolas had been quite amused, seeing as she was fully intent on sleeping for the rest of her life before the interrogation with the Uruk-hai, but nevertheless grateful for her change of heart and her newfound determination to find the Halflings she cared so deeply about. In fact, the entire group was proud of her contemporary adjustment.

The group of men were all elated to see Vera officially return back to her usual self; the beaming smile that easily melts the hearts of men when etched on her lovely face, along with the hopeful glint in her eyes that seemed to imprint itself in her spirited hazel orbs. With the promise of finding Merry and Pippin, Vera's outer appearance transformed completely, only confirming her change of heart. Gone was the dull and lifeless aspect around Vera, consuming her entirely from the inside out, and currently replaced with a pleasing tone.

Alongside her modified exterior, Vera's heart lifted from its tight bonds and her feä soared brightly inside of her, evidently ecstatic to be outside as shown by the blinding light of Vera's eyes and ambiance. She felt her burdens vanish just as quickly as her feä adjusted in her body, subjected to the positive glow. When spoken to, she would reply with her tone, a hint of mischief between the voice lines and words full of carefree and high-spirited sarcasm. She would smile more often, laugh more often, talk more often; it seemed that Vera Adelaide is back and she isn't going anywhere.

Despite the miraculous difference in her mind and body, Vera was still under the control of her previous responsibilities, maintaining her monarchical posture. A newfound duty had fallen upon her shoulders and Vera bore the strength and courage of a Queen well. Corin, who had been traveling with them for days, was prouder than anyone else to see the rightful Queen of Atlantis before his eyes. This is the Queen that was meant to rule, this is the Queen that was meant to lead. Fair, honest, kind, and strong in her own right, Vera truly did suit the title of 'Queen.'