xv. and so it begins

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA SIGHS GRUMPILY AT THE NUZZLING pony before her, staring straight ahead with a blank face, while her hand lazily brushes its fur

VERA SIGHS GRUMPILY AT THE NUZZLING pony before her, staring straight ahead with a blank face, while her hand lazily brushes its fur. She is completely unattentive of her surroundings. Her eyes droop, and she swears she's going to drop on the floor of the hard ground. If an orc were to appear and kill Vera right there, she wouldn't even notice.

Just like she didn't notice the approaching form of a certain Elven Prince. They didn't really end on good terms last night but Legolas was never one to hold grudges...Vera was, though. He realized that he wasn't even offended by her words, but more amused. She has quite the tongue on her and her personality is definitely different from any woman he has ever met. Legolas watches as she brushes the pony absentmindedly, finding himself enthralled by the calm task she does. Vera soon realizes that the Pointy-Eared Prince is standing behind her but refrains from speaking, instead grumbling quietly to herself about elf princes and stupid buffoons and marriage proposals.

"You know, I can hear you right?" Legolas decides to make the first move, asking her, his eyebrows raised and his foot against the wall nonchalantly. Vera stops her task, her eyes widening as she realizes.

Resuming her task as if she knew all along, she lies, "Yes, of course, I do. I am not dull." Legolas smirks, knowing fully well that she was lying, but doesn't point her out on it.

"I did not say you were," Legolas replies, pushing himself off the wall and casually walking towards the girl. Her dress brushed against his legs as he nears her, his front-facing her back with a few centimeters in between them. Vera's breath hitches in her throat at the close distance — or lack thereof — they had. This elf prince is becoming too confusing.

"Yes, but..." Vera trails off, empty of words. Grumbling, she looks away from Legolas' smirk and continues to pat the horse. "Shut up."

Legolas reaches up from behind her, taking her hand in his. Gently grabbing the brush from her, he sets it down at the table next to them. Vera's words get caught in her throat as she tries to protest, only to stop herself once she realizes how close he is to her. "You hide something, Vera Roman, and I intend to find it out," he leans into her, whispering down her neck with a tender promise.

Then, he pulls back, exiting the stables with the agile legs of an elf as if nothing happened. Vera stares after him in disbelief before turning back to the pony and grumbling in annoyance. "Stupid elf," she mutters, adjusting the straddle and the mountain of bags on the poor mammal.