iii. a decision to make

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬
❝ 𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

SILENCE FILLED THE ROOM AFTER CASPIAN revealed the choice of person for the supposedly dangerous quest that presented itself to Vera and the people of Atlantis

SILENCE FILLED THE ROOM AFTER CASPIAN revealed the choice of person for the supposedly dangerous quest that presented itself to Vera and the people of Atlantis. No one wanted to talk, waiting in anticipated silence for their princess to speak, but Vera was at a loss, as she stares at the council leader in shock.

For a moment, all she could do is panic. The thoughts in her head race faster now, trying to outrun the confusion in her mind. Why her? Why did they decide to choose her? Wasn't this all she wanted? Wasn't this what she wanted to do all along? Hell, to go on an adventure? To seek the unknown? What did her family think? What did the council think? It overwhelmed Vera, as she took a seat down her mother's throne with pure astonishment, trying to make sense of the situation at hand and what they needed from her.

"Why me?" Her voice is so quiet, so soft that she couldn't even hear herself but with the echoing nature of her voice bouncing off the silent halls of the room, she realizes just how quiet the Hall has gotten after the reveal. Vera nearly cringes, realizing that she is barely the Princess they spoke so highly about and could never possibly be Queen with the lack of confidence in her tone. Granted, it was a statement that could cost her, her life but a statement that wasn't permanent yet.

Coral clears her throat, floating towards Vera with caution. Out of everyone in the room, Coral is the only one who could calm their princess down and coax her into talking more assuredly. After all, she did spend most of her years taking care of Vera. "Princess, we believe — all of us — that you are more than fit for this journey. That you are ready to leave your home behind to start a new experience and come back with protection that is needed for the people of Atlantis. For your family and for your subjects." Coral's voice is soft and gentle, trying to comfort her into making the right decision.

Finally, Marella spoke up, lifting her gaze from the ground. "Vera," she starts, leaning towards her daughter so their eyes could meet. "This is your decision, and your decision alone. No one in this room or outside can stand in your way or judge you for what you decide. Tis a difficult choice you will have to make, my light, for it is the only way they see fit."

Suddenly, the distress in her mind didn't seem so vicious. It quietened down from its ruthless roars to something voiceless and unheard. Her mother's voice brought her solace, something that she learned to appreciate from a young age. Something new settles in her head and in her heart as Marella's assuring words pierce through her; hope. This is what she needed, this is what she wanted, this is what she yearned for, for decades. An adventure where she could meet others and see the riches of the land above. A quest to find who she truly was and how she could be the better fit ruler for their kingdom. A journey to seek what her heart desires most; to protect her people and to deem herself worthy of being their queen.