xvi. secrets revealed

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒅 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE fellowship started their quest to Mount Doom

WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE fellowship started their quest to Mount Doom. To say that the journey wasn't interesting would be a complete understatement. Ten companions — consisting of four Hobbits who loved to eat and cook as much as they loved talking, an Elf prince who either spoke too much or not at all, a Dwarf Lord who isn't afraid to voice his opinion, a Maia Wizard, a man of Gondor, a Ranger, and a mermaid princess who had the tongue of a pirate and the attitude of a child — roaming around the grass of Middle Earth truly did bring trouble.

And when there's trouble, there's fun.

Vera, naturally, spent most of her days near Aragorn, Gandalf, or the Hobbits, finding their company comforting as opposed to the rest of the Fellowship. Although, she did spend some time with Gimli and Legolas, making quite the amusing argument between the three. Boromir is a lost cause, keeping to himself most of the time. Perhaps the fact that Vera hasn't complained about her dress or her foot is what kept him from snapping.

It is rather the experience for everyone, especially Vera. The only person who actually knew the lack of land she has ever seen in her life is Aragorn so he makes it a point to show them many landmarks and explain certain structures, passing it off like he was explaining to the Hobbits or he was a smartass. Vera was thankful for his attempts and always sent him a smile of gratitude for his consideration.

The Fellowship traveled through many areas, all overcoming tall hills and flat grasses. The different sights before them brought Vera to a silent daze where she would only speak to answer someone, but otherwise kept to herself. Rivendell truly is beautiful, but nothing could compare to the grasslands before her. She supposed that Arda has its own kind of beauty, as compared to the beauty of the ocean.

They had taken many restful nights in between long hours of walking, in which Vera would take her shoes off and run through the grass fields or explore the ruins left on their shelter. Normally, Aragorn or one of the Hobbits would join her — with the occasional visit of Legolas — and they would spend hours talking. Boromir wasn't fond of her journeying and took it upon himself to ruin it every time, claiming that they needed to leave before sunrise or sunset before orcs came swarming in.

Of course, that was never the case, but the Fellowship didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention. Despite the futile efforts to keep the journey quiet and professional, the two Hobbits that accompanied them and the mermaid princess wouldn't let that happen, especially when the dwarf lord also made remarks that caused him an argument. There was one predicament where the Fellowship rested under a safe shelter by the tree, each one minding their own business while the Hobbits made food.