xciv. outside looking in

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹
❝ 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA FORGOT THE CHAOS AND panic that comes in a package deal with war and battle, along with — of course — the bloodshed, the death, and the massacres

VERA FORGOT THE CHAOS AND panic that comes in a package deal with war and battle, along with — of course — the bloodshed, the death, and the massacres. Her mind threatens to shift into a frenzied and distressed state with everything happening around her, but she manages to hold back efficiently and execute her duty of delivering the women and children to their shielded defense found by her. The mermaid is quite pleased with her job as she had accomplished a major number of women and children, and in doing so alone.

The last she heard from her friends in Gondor, Athelea had informed her that she would be participating in the battle after escorting as many innocent citizens as possible, promising to send any other vulnerable women and children to the dome on her way to the armory and during the battle. The red-haired Gondorion woman had also curiously updated Vera about the circumstances of Faramir, who is unconscious and was taken to his father for care.

Due to personal complications between Faramir's father and Athelea, she would not be able to be there with him. Vera didn't ask. 

Additionally, Gandalf is somewhere near the front lines, shouting out orders from atop his beautiful white horse, and Pippin is apparently supposed to be with Denethor. She hopes that the stubborn hobbit remains where he is and doesn't get himself into any trouble, though it is a doubtful thought. 

Her distractive thoughts are eliminated immediately as she catches sight of a cowering child wailing in the corner alone, no sign of his mother nearby, and broken-down rubble of their previously glorious city surrounding him. Vera darts towards them unhesitantly, bowing down to avoid the incoming stones landing in the city by the other side. 

"Hey, you are alright," assures Vera upon reaching the young boy, who hugs Vera instantly when he notices her. "Where is your mother?"

The child doesn't answer but howls in more pain, giving Vera the insinuation that he is lost. Quite distressed, she glances around in an attempt to find the mother of this little one and regretfully lands on the dead body of a mangled woman below a large piece of rock. Vera frowns and swallows her tears before turning back to the young orphan. 

"I need you to be brave for me, little one, can you do that?" Vera asks and he manages to nod a reply out through his tears, "there is a dome nearby with guards surrounding it. You will find safety there. I need you to go there, now, and don't stop, do you understand me?"

"I want my mama!" he finally cries out, muffling his voice in Vera's skirts, her words going right out of his head. The brunette sighs, leaning down so she could pick him up with ease. Soon, Vera is running through the corridors of the White City, avoiding any bits of stone and rocks flying around them while attempting to deflect the incoming damage. The dome appears in front of them in no time, and the little boy is being delivered to the safety spot with the protection of the guards around them.