lix. slaughter of innocence

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬
❝ 𝒔𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

LEGOLAS HAD ADMITTEDLY ACCEPTED THE TRUTH rather well

Vera had been nervous in telling him the truth in fear that he would be repulsed by her actions and hate her forever, successfully ending their short-lived courtship and long friendship but after a gentle coaxing from the blonde elf, she was bursting the events from the night before in a flash of words that were too fast to be able to comprehend. Unfortunately for her, Legolas was able to understand exactly what she was saying and took a moment to let it sink in before making his judgment. Vera was nervously keeping quiet during the whole ordeal, worried out of her mind of what Legolas thought of her and could not, for the life of her, find an emotion on his easily concealed face as he remained silent throughout his thinking process. His eyebrows had furrowed and his face had drawn into one of concentration — a face Vera had grown accompanied to as he did that more than he thought he did.

Finally, he looked at her from his downcast gaze with an unfathomable glint in his eyes and did the most unexpected; he hugged her. Then, they stayed in the position for the longest of times, merely whispering words to one another and easing their worries as they stayed in each other's arms for the second night in the row and for the rest of the day. It wasn't long before someone knocked at the chamber door and informed them that they would be leaving soon, urging the couple to separate from one another and ready themselves for the long journey. With the knowledge that they would see each other later anyway, Vera departs to grab her coat and they start their journey.

They had ridden for hours, wasting the day and letting the sun pass them as more time passes and the army grows closer to Edoras. Vera had taken to riding with her friends at the front lines with the King, urging Arod to trot next to Aragorn's horse as they discussed battle strategies and recent affairs, Legolas and Gimli butting in every once in a while to add their own thoughts and starting an argument between Legolas and Vera as they conversed about the best weapons for battle; a dagger or a bow and arrows. Eventually, Legolas had forfeited his win after frustrating Vera to the point of her threatening to push him off the horse. Of course, Legolas would later realize, that would have been a mistake as Vera pushed herself off of Arod and took to walking.

Presently, the mermaid Queen stands next to Èowyn on foot as they walk alongside Gimli's horse. While Èowyn leads Gimli's horse to assist him in controlling the larger creature, Vera stands by the side as she listens to Gimli happily talk about his kin, eliciting laughs from the many children around him as he basks in the attention from the women and children. Èmiliya plants herself firmly by Arod's side, nuzzling and cooing at the white stallion while arguing with Legolas about an unnecessary topic and annoying Vera whilst doing so. She didn't mind the words she spoke but cares more for the firm grip the little girl has on her hands, nearly breaking her hand in the process. Still, Vera adores the blonde girl by her side and did not let a complaint out as she focuses on listening to Gimli instead.