xxvi. lady of light

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿
❝ 𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

FOR ONCE IN VERA'S LIFE, SHE could say that she is inevitably thankful for the hospitality of the elves and their generosity in resources

FOR ONCE IN VERA'S LIFE, SHE could say that she is inevitably thankful for the hospitality of the elves and their generosity in resources. They have been kindly escorted to a chamber by the borders of Lothlórien — protected and safe and well-supplied — by Haldir and a handful of guards after a series of negotiating on Aragorn's part and a heated speech from Vera.

The cottage resembled the woods completely, appearing to be like the enchanted forest around them, reminding Vera of the fairytale her mother used to tell her. When she was a merling, her mother used to recite stories and tales from their history and unreal fantasies about three bears and a girl or a princess who lost her glass slipper but fatefully ended up meeting her true love as a result. Vera didn't quite believe them but always let the words stick in her head, digging deep into her memory and engraving itself to implant in her mind. It only buried itself deeper, however, when her mother stopped their story-times and closed herself off once her children reached the appropriate age.

The wooden cabin had only two rooms, serving as an inconvenience to the nine members of the Fellowship. Haldir specifically informed the group that Vera was to sleep in one room alone because she was a woman and needed her own privacy. Vera would've argued back if she didn't feel so exhausted. Aragorn honored the demand and showed Vera to the smaller room of the Cabin to keep herself cleaned and refreshed, before directing the rest of the group to their sleep accommodations.

After much arguing and discussing, they have quickly arranged for the Hobbits to take up the other room — all of them having to pile on the massive bed to fit snugly together — and for the rest of them to sleep on the floor or the sofa bedrest. They have promptly gotten freshened up, putting the provided robes on, after a mind-clearing bath and arranging themselves properly, before moving towards the dining area to have their dinner.

Vera is more than relieved to be able to finally rest her back, closing the door after Aragorn and collapsing on the bed with an 'oomph.' She lies on the pleasant mattress of the four-pillared bed, breathing in the sweet scent of flowers. Mixing her sigh and groan, she forcefully stands from her cozy position and wanders to the bath readied for her beforehand.

Stripping herself off the black and gold dress she wore for three days, she grimaces at the sweat and dirt on her body, taking a look at the nearby mirror. She definitely didn't look like the same girl who left the oceans of Arda with a fearlessness and determination to attain her goal. Vera could see a ghost of her past self in the reflection, wondering how far she could have gone to appear like this. She, in one word, looked ghostlike. Vera didn't know if it was the orc blood or the scars on her face or the grief and sorrow her hazel eyes hold.