lxxii. half of the peculiar

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶
❝ 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA FELT COLD

VERA FELT COLD. IT WASN'T THE type of cold that made someone feel refreshed and comforted nor was it the type of cold that one would feel in a roaring blizzard. No, Vera felt a different type of cold. It is the type of cold that made you feel alone and separated from everything else like there is a large distance between you and everything surrounding you. Vera didn't particularly favor the distance she felt between her and her surroundings — in fact, she rather hated it — but she couldn't bring herself to make a choice about changing it. At least, not yet, anyway. No matter how much she tried initiating a reaction from within her, especially after what she had been through, nothing seemed to work as she remained in the same state since she woke up, which happened only a few days ago...yet everything felt so much different...so much more weighted and disorienting. 

It had only been a few hours since she woke up, seeing as she did awaken from her near-death state by the early hours of the morning, which didn't seem like it as much considering the busy corridors of the stronghold. Almost as soon as she had enveloped the light streaming from around her and embraced the energy consuming her entire system, she had been allowed to open her heavy eyes for the first time in days, and the first thing she had seen was the very elf that forced her to endure in her mind. However, no matter how much she tried to smile back at the tired man, she had been compelled to experience another wave of pain which caused her to enter a terrifying state wherein which she was slipping between the land of the living and the land of the dead once more.

The only difference is that she will be coming back to the land of the living, and she knew she would be returning because there is no way in hell that she is letting herself endure something like that again, especially after everything she has been through.

The second time she had awoken, she is more aware of what is happening around her and could properly register everything that is occurring, including the arrival of her many family members and friends, who she had supposedly worried to near-death — not that they knew what it was like. Trewyn had been the first person Vera saw, and she wasn't exactly complaining, but they both knew that the young brunette wanted to see someone a lot more than her grandmother...as selfish and immature as that sounded. But Trewyn understood as she knew the igniting fire of young love and how the heart can beat so harshly when in love. However, she couldn't let Legolas in yet since Trewyn, as a healer and a concerned grandmother, needed to ensure that Vera is capable of being up and allowed visitation rights. 

They had talked to one another, which is mainly just small talk, but it was needed; Vera supposed that it was Trewyn's way of observing her capability and testing her limits. If the grandmother is being honest, she just needed to have a distraction as she could've sent Aldwin in instead but her husband has still not awoken and her worry levels are growing as time passed.  So, when Vera casually asked how everything has been as she wanted a clear understanding of what she has missed and what she is in for, Trewyn let herself open up a bit about her husband and Vera's grandfather while cleaning the opened up wounds on her skin — it had stopped bleeding when Vera slipped back into consciousness but it did flow a lot more liquids than they would have liked. Vera had been rather saddened by the thought of her grandfather leaving so soon...they haven't had a chance to talk as much as she had with Grimmund and Edgar, and she hoped she could speak to him once more about her father.