xx. mines of moria

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀
❝ 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA COULDN'T BE MORE RELIEVED TO finally be released from the horrors of the snow

VERA COULDN'T BE MORE RELIEVED TO finally be released from the horrors of the snow. The moment they finally left the blizzard and touched the first hint of normal land, Vera practically leaps off the snow to land on the ground, squealing happily as she did so. The rest of the Fellowship follow, sending her amused glances but comprehend why. They were also happy to be away from the wintry weather and snowfall.

However, the Fellowship was soon met with fog and clouds, making their vision vulnerable to anything around them. Their surroundings are hazy, a leftover of the blizzard, and hides beneath the moon, which now crawls further up. Vera walks alongside Boromir, making quiet conversation, while they keep an eye on Pippin and Merry.

Gandalf walks ahead, leading the way to the Mines of Moria, with Gimli beside him, as he eagerly makes his way towards his home. Vera notices Gandalf's reluctance about the decision to go to the Mines of Moria and after seeing him alone, she decided it'll be the best time to ask him.

Moving around Legolas, she brushes her hand against his quickly before approaching Gandalf. Lowering her voice, she moves closer to the grey wizard. "Why are you so unwilling to go to the Mines of Moria?" Her voice is barely above a whisper as she asks, raising an eyebrow at Gandalf.

He does a double-take, glancing down at the brunette. She really is too observant for her own good. Figuring that he couldn't slip past it after getting caught, he stares ahead. "I fear there is something that lies within the shadows of Khadaz-dûm, something that we may not be able to fight off. The only hope we have is that they're just myths to scare others off...but if it's true, I pray that we will all get through alive."

Vera couldn't help the feeling in her chest, plaguing her body and her thoughts at the possibility of one of her friends getting hurt, or coming out dead. What could lie within the walls of Moria that could scare Gandalf? Surely, he would have seen many things that could scar anyone. If there's something that lingers in the shadows of Khadaz-dûm that could wade off a wizard, then they had great reason to fear.

Her thoughts are interrupted, however, when Legolas places his hand at the small of her back and leads her forward, sending her a questioning glance. She clears her throat before moving forth, following after the Fellowship with Legolas at her side. They stay quiet, Vera returning back to the land of her thoughts and Legolas peacefully keeping the silence, only using his movements to speak. Whenever Vera would stray behind, he would gently bring her back to reality to move her forward before letting her drift back to her thoughts.