Chapter Twenty-Six

Scarlett

I was sitting up in my hospital bed, listening to Beavis and Butthead bicker back and forth. 

"Oh, come on, we aren't watching that," Jackson snatched the TV remote out of Luke's hand.

Luke furrowed his brows. "Home Makeover is a good show!"

"Dude, who wants to watch a couple pick paint colors and furniture for their new house?"

"That isn't all they do," Luke crossed his arms, laying back in one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs.

A quiet giggle escaped my lips. "You guys are ridiculous."

Jackson looked back at me. "Do you like that shit too? I mean, wouldn't you rather watch," He began to flip through the channels, stopping abruptly on a kid's channel. "Paw Patrol! Hell, I would much rather watch a group of dogs saving the day than a couple of people deciding on whether to go with hardwood floors or fluffy carpet."

Luke rolled his eyes. "You're an idiot."

"Oh yeah?" Jack raised the remote in the air.

"Yep."

As soon as that one word left his mouth, Jackson chucked the remote at him, but Luke dodged it, and it hit the ground, sliding towards the door.

"What the hell?" Phoenix walked out of the bathroom in my room, picking up the remote. "I left you two with Scar for all of two minutes, and you're already destroying shit," His voice was deep and laced in agitation as he glared at the two of them.

Luke put up his hands in defense. "Jackson started it."

Jackson mimicked him.

Nix shook his head. "Would you guys shut up? You're driving me crazy," He walked back over and threw the remote against Luke's chest.

"Ow, hey," He groaned but quickly stopped when he saw Phoenix's deadly stare. "I meant, thank you."

I let out a loud laugh, but it was short-lived when my head began to throb. "Shit," I held my head with both hands, closing my eyes.

Phoenix rushed over to my side. "Are you okay? Let me call the nurse."

"No," I yelled out, trying to stop him as the pain faded. "I'm fine. I just laughed too hard."

As I opened my eyes again, all three of the boys, my protectors, were staring at me with worried faces. "Guys, I'm okay."

"Are you sure? We can go get a nurse to check on you?" Luke offered.

I slowly shook my head once. "No, no, I'll be fine."

"Do you need to up your pain medication? How is your pain level, baby?" Nix's forehead creased.

My head tilted to the side, forming a soft smile on my lips. "It's nothing I can't handle. Now, would you stop worrying?" I glanced at Jackson and Luke. "All of you."

"Scar, your brain is fucking bleeding. You can't tell us not to worry when you're in the damn hospital," Nix said in a serious tone as my face fell.

"I know, trust me," My eyes looked down to the floor, hiding away the fear I felt since I woke up in the hospital.

He sighed. "I'm sorry," His voice was laced in guilt.

"Ahem," Jackson stood up awkwardly along with Luke. "We are going to go check out the cafeteria and give you guys some space."

"You guys don't have to leave," I spoke up quietly.

"It's okay," Luke smiled kindly. "We'll be back to watch shitty house makeover shows with you later."