Chapter Nine

Nikki Fields:

Destiny Chapman:

Destiny Chapman:

_______________________________

Scarlett

Once I got home, I went upstairs to pick out some of my comfiest sweats. I didn't want to look like complete garbage, so I decided to at least do my hair and makeup. The girls that were coming over were probably going to be in something really cute, but I won't feel insecure about it because I believe Phoenix. I know he would never do anything to hurt me or make me feel bad about myself. He makes me feel beautiful, no matter what, and accepts all of me. That is all I could ask for, honestly.

Even though I have no control over how other girls see him and want to be with him, I know he would never jeopardize us for any of them. I trust him, and I have never felt that with anyone I have been with before. Putting all the trust I have in one person that has my entire heart. It's a little scary, but he's different...he's my Nixie.

But knowing and feeling that doesn't exactly take away the green-eyed monster inside me when it comes to a girl being all over him. I'm still human, and I don't trust many girls, especially those he and my brother used to hang around back in high school. Yeah, there were a few nice ones, but the others were fake and only acted sweet to me because I was Ryder Wolf's little sister. The little wolf. Those were the types of girls I never liked. They weren't genuinely nice and always had an ulterior motive. People do grow up and change, though, so maybe that's what happened with them. I guess we are about to find out soon.

I finished my makeup and threw on my outfit before meeting Ryder downstairs.