Chapter Thirty-Three

Scarlett

2 weeks later

Have you ever had your life planned out, which included living in your safe little bubble in the same town you grew up in with all the people you have known forever, only to be thrown a curveball out of the blue by the only person in the world that could change that all in a matter of minutes? Yeah, that might have been a little too specific, but here I am, living out that exact scenario.

"Come live with me in Florida," Phoenix's words replayed in my head. It sounded completely insane at first, but within seconds as I stared up at his sweet eyes, I saw our future flash through my mind. A future filled with mornings waking up in his arms, being there for every baseball game to cheer him on, date nights and study nights, having each other to hold onto on the worst days and the days we feel like we're on top of the world, but most of all I saw a future I would do anything to have if it was my last wish on earth. That's when I knew that the only answer that made any sense to say was "Yes," and ever since that word left my mouth, I haven't had one damn regret.

The second we got home that day, we started to research different colleges near Tampa Bay University and found a few good options for me that still were open for fall registration. Without wasting any time, we ended up sitting down with my parents and Ryder to tell them what we wanted to do. They were taken by surprise at the sudden change and short notice of it all, but after talking it through, they got on board. I think my parents weren't really prepared to say goodbye so early since I was going to be staying home for college, and I understand that because the thought of leaving them and everyone else behind not only scared me but made my heart heavy. Pheonix and Ryder would be with me, though, and that made all the difference. Ry wasn't exactly jumping for joy at the thought of living with his little sister once again, let alone her sleeping in the same bed as his best friend, but the plan warmed up on him, talking about all the things they wanted to show me around Florida and who on the team they wanted me to meet. It even got me more excited.

So, in the span of only two weeks, we began to pack up some of my things in several suitcases, signed up for classes at Bay Grove Community College, purchased a one-way ticket to Tampa with Nix and Ryder, and spent every last day I could, making memories with my best friends. And now today is the day we leave, but as the saying goes, "It's not goodbye, it's I'll see you later."

"Scar, this was still in your closet. Did you mean to leave it?" Mia came out with my memory box.

My brows raised. "No! I can't believe I almost forgot that," I took the box from her hands and went to find a spot for it in one of my bags. With new adventures to come will definitely bring more things to put inside of it soon.

Lily plopped down on the bottom of my bed between Luke and Jackson with a pout on her face. "Question...if I started to unpack your things right now, would there be a chance that you'd stay?"

I lightly chuckled, shaking my head. "Not one chance."

"Ugh, my little babe is really growing up and leaving us."

Luke looked over at her. "What do you mean by us?"

"Yeah," Jackson furrowed his brows. "You two are going back to college next week. The only one's Scar is leaving behind is us...the only ones that matter."

"Exactly," Luke nodded.

"Oh, shove a sock in it," Lily rolled her eyes, falling back dramatically on the bed.

Mia chimed in. "I'm going to miss our weekly facetime chats that usually turned into cooking tutorials from Wolfie and Aunt Sawyer in the back burning her tongue because she snuck in a taste before she was supposed to."