Chapter Fourteen

Scarlett

*ACHOO*

Phoenix sneezed loudly as his chest shook my head, waking me up. I blinked my eyes open. "Bless you."

He softly chuckled. "Sorry baby, I tried to hold it in as long as I could."

"It's okay," A small smile formed on my lips until my brows knitted. "Wait, how long have you been up needing to sneeze?"

"Um, maybe like a half hour or so."

I sat up on my elbow. "And you didn't just shove me off?"

"Well, no. You looked so peaceful laying on me," His fingers softly stroked my cheek before he rested his hand on my neck.

"You held in your sneeze for me, letting me crush you with my body? What a man," I nuzzled my cheek against his arm.

Nix flashed me a sexy grin. "Stop, you weren't crushing me at all. But you did leave a little drool spot on my chest."

I raised my head, looking at him with my mouth opened. "What? I so did not."

"You did, but it was cute, so I let it slide," He laughed loudly.

"Nixie, nothing about drooling is cute."

"Except when my sweet girlfriend does it when she sleeps on me."

I rolled my eyes at him with a slight smile on my lips. He suddenly pins me down to the bed with my arms above my head as I lay beneath him. "What am I going to do about all this sass, Shortcake?"

"I don't know...what are you going to do?" My eyes stare back at his, daring him to do something. Anything to relieve my body that was on fire inside, demanding his touch.

He gave me a little smirk before his lips were on mine. He slowly released my hands, placing them behind his neck as my tongue slid through his lips. "Mm," A deep moan came from him, vibrating against my mouth.

My heart started to race as he lifted my shirt, exposing my breasts. Nix slowly licked down my neck and around each of my hardened nipples. I could feel his cock start to grow hard against my leg through his boxers, sending butterflies down to my core. "Oh baby," I slid my hand through his hair, grasping it tightly as my room filled with the sounds of heavy breathing and ruffled sheets.

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

Someone pounded on my bedroom door while I quickly reached down for my bedspread and pulled it over the top of Phoenix until I had it up to my neck. "Come on, Nix, get your lazy ass up and let's go! Just because you're with my sister now doesn't mean you get to slack off," Ryder yelled.

I raised a curious brow and pulled the blanket back just enough for Phoenix's head to pop out. "Where exactly does he want to go with you?"

"Running," He gave me a guilty smile.

"Sorry Ry, you can't have him today," I shouted back at my brother.

"Um, yes I can. We had this planned!" Ryder spoke in irritation.

I pouted as Nix started to laugh quietly. "Are we going to have custody issues now?" He quipped.

"Yes!" Ryder and I both said at the same time.

Scarlett, don't make me come in there!" Ryder groaned.

Phoenix and I looked down at the position we were in before he spoke up. "Yeah, if you want a repeat of the awkward situation we had last night, then maybe you shouldn't."

"Agh, nasty. Fine...I will be waiting downstairs, and we ARE going on a run!"

"I'll be down in a minute," Nix assured him.